Thread: Anime is gay
View Single Post

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 03:11 PM       
Here's my thoughts on NV's list (the ones I've seen, anyways):

Akira: I understood the plot of the movie (boy gets psychic powers from blue children, searches city for legendary psychic), the ending just threw me off. I have no idea what the hell happened, and frankly, I don't care enough to watch it over and over again until I do.

Princess Mononoke: A well-animated movie with good voice acting. That's all I got out of this movie. Beyond that, I just saw another ninja movie, this time with an environmentalist overtone.

Armitage III: A good movie. Screw, Dual Matrix, though. That one was just a straight action movie with little else going for it.

X: Yeah, that's funny. Everytime I hear someone refer to the sequel to X-Men as "X2," I always fear that they made a sequel to that awful movie.

Ghost in the Shell: Like the Matrix. Specifically, like the Matrix Reloaded. Any movie that presents itself as an action movie should never contain as much jaw-jacking as this one. Also, cartoon boobies.

Ninja Scroll: A damned good movie, although there were a few WTF moments.

I didn't think Spirited Away was that great, either. I mean, it did look good, but at its heart, it's a children's movie. A weird one, but a kid's movie nevertheless. It just didn't do anything for me.

Again, screw Akira. One movie that everyshould should see is Fist of the North Star. That's just good fun right there.

Also, Slayers is a good one to see.