View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 03:46 PM       
I don't remember if her kid was in the contest. There were so many, because it's basically a large amusement park full of kids all lined up, not divided into age groups or anything. I think nowadays people just assume you can't come up with an idea by yourself- if it looks cool or original, it must have come from Pinterest. I don't know where the hell the stuff on Pinterest is supposed to have come from.

I do know that last year we did the same contest (also took second, my daughter was in a chicken suit with red spots as chicken pox and her treat bucket was a giant bottle of calamine lotion) and there were like 50 or 60 Meridas. And the mom in front of us was telling her daughter that she would win because she had the OFFICIAL bow, the OFFICIAL wig, the OFFICIAL Disney dress, etc. And of course none of the Meridas won. Nothing like that could win because when they say "And first place is Merida, let's have Merida come on up!", fifty kids would head for the stage.

The kid who won first place deserved it. He was in a black trenchcoat with a giant bloodshot eyeball mask, and a fedora on top. He was a private eye.

The three prizes were amusement park backpacks filled with stuffed toys, hats, small souvenirs.