View Single Post
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 05:09 PM       
No way they're selling songs for .05 apiece. I can see a buck, or maybe seventy cents, but not .05 - only about $4.00 per CD goes to packaging and materials, so that means the record company, the artist, and all other interests are splitting up between $8 and $14 for the album when it's bought in a store. They're might have to reduce their profits per copy, but it won't be by such a drastic amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Royal Tenenbaum
"In a 30 second period i could probably name off 15-20 albums i bought that i only liked one or 2 songs on the entire album... ITs kinda sad..."

That just means you listen to really shitty music. Every album I buy I like at least 90% of the songs, if not all of them. Get albums by good bands and all the songs will have merit.
I agree with Tenenbaum here. Most bands who write their own music and/or haven't been manufactured by the business tend to release real albums instead of hit singles, meaning most of the album should be of similar quality. It's mainly the pop stars who have a couple of singles and a bunch of crap to back them up.

Either that or you're just really, really, picky.