View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 10:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
That's what sucks...when it happens, we're so utterly astounded at the sheer ballsitude that we're startled into silence.

I think it's one of the kids stealing the mail, and I have no idea why. It's random...just sometimes I'll see him hanging out by our mailbox, and the next thing I know Netflix is telling me they never got my returns and are putting a hold on my account. I don't even know why he'd want them...I tend to watch weird foreign shit. We had some other issues with Netflix and eventually had to cancel it, which sucked.

The people before them were a pain in the ass (once, they left their hose on for so long they literally flooded the backyard....there was a puddle about 10' around and 4 or 5 inches deep!) but at least they mostly kept to themselves.
May I ask why the former tenants (with the overactive hose) left? Did the landlord kick them out for property damage (standing water can create all sorts of nasty problems with foundations) or did he calmly just accept the rent money without so much as a blink until they decided they didn't want to live in a house with a perennially flooded basement? I'm guessing it was the latter, since he's already proven to be a douchebag.

What's your preference, are you leaning toward raising the white flag and moving on to a landlord who is less of a douchebag, are you going to gnash your teeth in silent frustration (is the rent really, really good?), or are you going to fight back and risk an all-out border war. Not that I'm advocating any position, but it might help to know which way you're leaning.
You may already be there.