Thread: ABORTION!!!!!
View Single Post
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 06:37 AM       
Ant, if that is aimed at me, which I guess it is considering you took the time to google up something Sweden-related, is it meant to prove anything? That the Swedish social insurance agency can make mistakes? That it's not perfect?
You could have asked me; I'm well aware of its shortcomings.

Since you're playing the copy and paste game, here's from wikipedia:
Quote:
The US pays twice as much yet lags behind other wealthy nations in such measures as infant mortality and life expectancy. Currently the U.S. has a higher infant mortality rate than most of the world's industrialized nations.[nb 1][12] The USA's life expectancy lags 42nd in the world, after most rich nations, lagging last of the G5 (Japan, France, Germany, UK, USA) and just after Chile (35th) and Cuba (37th).[13][14][15] The USA's life expectancy is ranked 50th in the world after the European Union (40th).[16][17] The World Health Organization (WHO), in 2000, ranked the U.S. health care system as the highest in cost, first in responsiveness, 37th in overall performance, and 72nd by overall level of health (among 191 member nations included in the study).[18][19] A 2008 report by the Commonwealth Fund ranked the United States last in the quality of health care among the 19 compared countries.[20] According to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences, the United States is the "only wealthy, industrialized nation that does not ensure that all citizens have coverage" (i.e. some kind of insurance).[21][22] The same Institute of Medicine report notes that "Lack of health insurance causes roughly 18,000 unnecessary deaths every year in the United States." [21] while a 2009 Harvard study published in the American Journal of Public Health found a much higher figure of more than 44,800 excess deaths annually in the United States due to Americans lacking health insurance.[23][24] More broadly, the total number of people in the United States, whether insured or uninsured, who die because of lack of medical care was estimated in a 1997 analysis to be nearly 100,000 per year.[25]