View Single Post
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:35 PM       
No, the question is why are you only concerned with Islamic fundamentalism during the past 20 years? It's not a new trend created by the actions of our shitty government. That motivated YOUR dissent and disatisfaction in the United States not theirs. How have we messed with their culture??? They love America. They love TV and shopping malls...and they love that they can take advantage of it and still beat their women. My brother, my enemy is what it's all about. It doesn't even have anything to do with religion or religous extremism. Yes the seeds of a Holy War notion come from that, but it's not built out of religious fervor... it's built out of a reverse sense of Imperialism. A stubborn refusal to accept anothers existance...not just a way of life. Sure we want to say "hey all people are beautifull" and be p.c. about it...but you're talking about a culture that IS NOT p.c. at all. They're lost in thousands of years of tribal fighting, and various bickerings that are so inbedded within that culture, that it's no longer even religious. The Arab world doesn't take Bin Laden any more seriously then they take Bush... but they will play along...and if they see weakness they will challenge it...especially a false sense of power like America has... you see they're not really threatened or offended by our actions at all... it's like having a superiority complex... but they're living under totalitarian regimes that are so weak in their own right, they must find a common enemy (israel? united states? another arab league nation?) to create a divergence. Do we play into this? Sure. Still... the only way you can say we're responsible for that Holy War talk is if you're ignorant of history or view Bush as a Christian leader first, and an American leader second.

I realize some of what I'm saying might not gell with Western sensibilities, but I keep trying to rephrase this because it's so key. It's a bit like when American business men in the 80's would learn the Japanese traditions in order to do proper business in Tokyo.