Thread: So, boxing.
View Single Post
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 01:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post

They have a point system. Most fights across every promotion goes 3-5 rounds, so if nobody gets KTFO'd then they have to go to a decision. The point system is based off of a mix strikes thrown, landed, take downs, sub attempts, ring control, and a few other things.
Interesting. I wonder how the judges make out what's going on in the unskilled mess that's proceeding before their eyes.

Quote:
They aren't fighting for blood or their lives

I guess they are fighting for absolutely no reason at all which makes it useless as well as dangerous. Dangerous morally and physically I may be so bold to add.

Quote:
It is just so ironic that you find it OK for two guys to beat the hell out of each others' skulls until one goes unconscious, but submissions and kicking is completely out of the question.

I would like to believe that the human race has gone beyond rolling around on the floor while beating / choking / limb breaking each other.

Quote:
Yes, the fighter isn't protecting himself. Much like in boxing, if the fight is so one sided that there isn't a contest the fight will be called. It doesn't mean he is KO'd.

Are you trying to clean up the filthy MMA by comparing it to Boxing? "Much like Boxing" you say?

You cannot and I will repeat CANNOT compare MMA to boxing because the brutality of MMA is almost immeasurable. When a boxer is in distress the referee will put his arms around him and wave one of his hands in the air. It never gets to the point where the fighter is being beat over and over and over again on the ground NOR does it ever get to the point where a limb or an air way is constricted.

MMA is garbage. It's low brow fighting.

Quote:
Yes. It is a submission. Think of it at a 'gotcha' move. All you do is tap or risk injury.

"Or risk injury"

Thank you

Quote:
Boxers have NO NEED TO TAP. You can't be serious with this. They just have to pummel the other man into either submission(throwing in the towel) or until he goes dead to the world.

At any point in the boxing match any fighter can refuse to walk into the ring. There is no need for any "risk of injury" becayse they have the option of not proceeding into the middle of the ring.

I wonder what would happen if an MMA fighter would not walk into the ring? Maybe his career would be over because most of these MMA fighters are completely and utterly replaceable. I.E. No skill involved.

Quote:
Boxers have DIED in the ring. Nobody has died from MMA. If the referee sees a boxer on the ropes then the fight is over?

I still haven't researched in to how many people have been hurt in MMA but yes, before boxing was regulated there were deaths. Hence why they regulated it.

I don't know if you know this but "Being on the ropes" is a term used to reference when a fighter is in trouble. It's just a phrase, it doesn't really mean that the person is on a rope of some sort.

Quote:
This is because you are ignorant. You have no understanding of what is going on, so therefor it must be some grown ass men wrastlin' for male supremecy.

When you switched your vocabulary from "You obviously don't know this" to "you are ignorant" is that just a way you admit defeat?

Quote:
Most of the fighters are well versed in two to three martial arts.

They may be well versed in ballet too but you don't see that when they step into the "cage". You see a mess of grabbing and large over the top swings that then culminate into a grab ass match on the ground which then leads to one choking the other. Boring. No skill. No martial arts. No nothing. Probably 3-4 moves get used in every single fight.

Quote:
Stomping somebody's foot is barbaric, but hitting them in the face with 1lb gloves is OK

Stomping of the foot is just another reason why not to watch this unskilled mess.

Quote:
Yes, there is a difference. One might break your foot and the other might break your brain. I'll take my chances with getting stomped on my foot.

Once again, Boxers are only allow to fight a certain number of matches. It's called a regulation. This is a collision sport. I wonder how many bouts an MMA fighter is allowed to have a year? and I wonder what's going to happen to their health? Both sports are dangerous but MMA is much more brutal and grissly on so many levels.

Quote:
No, I was pointing out this thing called irony. Just admit that you are upset that your precious boxing is on life support.

I'm not a boxing fan, at all. I'm just saying between MMA (mess / no skill) and boxing (skill and stamina), boxing is better on so many levels.

Quote:
Wasn't John McCain bombing Brown People in the 1960s from a plane in the sky? Killing hundreds if not thousands of people, OK. Blood in a combate sport, AWFUL.

I still agree with him when he called it "Human Cockfighting" because that's what it is. Hence why it was illegal and I believe it still is illegal in many states of the union.

In my profession usually bad things are regulated. MMA is one of them I guess.

Quote:
Role models? STFU UDUMMMMMMMMMMM
Quote:
Way to ignore my argument.