View Single Post
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 12:43 PM       
The Woody movie is called Defendor, and I actually built some props for it - it was filmed and takes place just outside of Toronto in Steel Town (Hamilton, Ont). It's not your typical comedy superhero movie. It's actually pretty deep. I saw it on the indy film fest circuit and enjoyed it. Just don't watch it expecting a typical comedy.

As for going out to movies, there is a local Rainbow Cinema in downtown Toronto that I'm visiting almost weekly as Tuesday afternoon are just 4 bucks. Saw 'Hot Tub Time Machine' last week and 'How to Train Your Dragon' the week before.

There are also some great grind houses here in the city, old revival theaters like the Bloor Cinema (which is almost all cult and classic films - Just saw Raiders of the Lost Arc on 8mm there along with the original Hellraiser). They've been showing Rocky Horror on the last Friday of the month for years.

There are also quite a few n0n-profit theaters as well that show cult and classic films.