View Single Post
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 04:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
About fucking time, too.

As a self-described science nerd (I have a PhD in Chemical Physics, for christ sakes) the former administration's attitude toward science and technology gave me a fucking migraine every time they espoused a new "directive" - such as "why not use the existing stem cell lines, there are 60 after all." This is tantamount to being asked to do cutting edge nuclear research using geiger counters and phosphors. Which is to say, you can't get there from here.

But G-Dub knew, he KNEW that all those science types were all a bunch of worrywarts - it's why he surrounded himself with the likes of Turd-Blossom. To take the burden of DETAIL off his back so he can get back to Crawford.

Sorry, I'll stop now.
No need to apologize; you're spot on, Colonel. One researcher interviewed in the article said something like "We've got 8 years of science to catch up on." I just shook my head when I read that. Bush pandered so hard to his Christian constituency it's pathetic. How it's okay to sacrifice lives for a war that benefits nobody, but not for research (if you even consider an embryo a life; different conversation there) that benefits everybody is ludicrous, IMO. I'm a firm believer that God has no place in policy, and idiots who vote along those lines sicken me. Poor old John McCain had to add that fucking bimbo to his ticket just to pander to the same group. And still we've got Rush Limbaugh hoping the president fails, because as Frank Schaeffer said, "They'd (Limbaugh and ilk) rather take our whole country down and be proved right, than be patriotic Americans and stand up and do the thing that every American who loves this country would do right now; which is to support the president whether you voted for him or not."

And this just doesn't benefit America. It's for the good of the world and our future. We're talking spinal cord injuries and illnesses, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, and a laundry list of conditions that could possibly be repaired/cured. This is one of my favorite things the Obama Administration has tackeled thus far, and I applaud him for it.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"