View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 08:39 PM       
Frightening to some.

To tell you the truth, I don't like costume contests. My grandmother and mom used to enter me into them and those costumes got ridiculous. I always won first place or grand prize, but I did it trying to balance a giant chickenwire cabbage patch kid head on my scrawny broken neck. I hate that parents are trying to tell kids they have a shot at winning a contest dressed in a boxed costume that is identical to fifty other kids'. Too much stress to be fun, and too much stress constantly trying to come up with something original. I think next year if I haven't thought of something amazing that my kid likes, or if my kid hasn't thought of something amazing that I can reasonably execute, I'm going to say fuck it and let her assemble whatever.