View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 29th, 2011, 03:50 PM       
I love those Chinese booths at flea markets that are just a bunch of boxes on the ground to poke through. I collected engrish before it was cool and used to have a ton of it. I've bought breast-shaped stress reliever balls (still have a bunch of them in a box somewhere), Benign Girl everything (funny to us cancer patients), and all sorts of bowls and notebooks that say bizarre shit. I have a set of bowls that say "STRAWBERY, THE SWEET FRUIT IN THE WORLD."

Last time I went, I got a cheapo umbrella hat for my kid (it broke the first time I tried to open it, and even after repairs it's so flimsy I'd never leave it on her for long), some weird washcloths with strange sayings on them (and a label that said DESIGN AND MADE IN US OWN FACTORY IN CHINA).

I also have a big collection of notebooks that usually have Barbie or knockoff cartoon pictures on the cover and are either a bunch of random words or things that must have been taken from greeting(s) cards. On one, Barbie hugs a teddybear as the text reads, "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives. I am so sorry for your loss". Another has a Paddington Bear ripoff holding a rose with a t-shirt on that says SAMPLE TEXT.

And so on.

I must take photos of these things someday.