View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 21st, 2008, 07:30 PM       
Yep, the landlord owns the entire duplex, but he tends to only show up when someone's moving out. I haven't seen/spoken with him in almost a year.

Fat_Hippo: You know, I did consider that, but at that point they'd just moved in and I was trying to stay fairly friendly. I felt like flinging the piles at their back door (and believe me, it STUNK)

Unfortunately, this end of the street is a cavalcade of rednecks. From the looks of the place on the other side of them, that family is much the same. The people across the street take their garbage to the curb as it comes, so they've got a perpetual mound of garbage that sits out all week. The people a few doors down park their pickup truck over the sidewalk when there's PLENTY of room on their driveway (I'm disabled and it's SUCH a pain in the ass to have to cross into the street to get around it...the sidewalks are public property, dammit).

It's a shame, because it is a really nice duplex with a big backyard, close to all of the things I need to be able to get to easily. The neighbors before these were bad, but not as bad...at least they kept to themselves. I knew these people were going to be trouble when they moved in and the woman started spreading her "yard art" all over our side of the driveway (her husband made her move it, it seems).

I just wish people had the common courtesy (not to mention the common SENSE) to separate the concepts of "ours" vs. "someone else's".