View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolio
People can use this knowledge to protect themselves and get ready for the worst. Build up some savings, invest in commodities, make sure your retirement plan is in safe assets.

That's all this thread is really for.
So, this thread isn't just an excuse for you to post something which you KNOW everyone will disagree with, simply so you can copy/paste pre-written rebuttals to their objections? You're simply here to help us? Could have fooled me.

I know in the past I have started topics with the sole aim of starting an argument, but I don't think (could be wrong!) I've ever pretended that I'm doing it for the good of the community; just warning and informing everyone. Actually, I take that back, I probably HAVE just said I was doing it for the greater good, but we were all young once

Sigh.

I'm a communist, so if the world was in a depression I'd be among the first to start feeling smug about it. I think the worldwide economy is a dangerous and disgusting sham that should be torn apart and replaced, and I think that eventually it will either be replaced, or get much, much worse for more and more people.

But.

I wont fool myself into thinking (or pretending) that we are at that stage yet. What's the point? It wont make it true, or make it any closer to happening (whether I want it to happen is another interesting question!). A lot of people on the far left tend to be melodramatic when it comes to world crises; making them out to be far worse/important than they are, but it just annoys me and alienates others. GLOBAL BANK MELTDOWN one week, and the next week BANKS MAKING RECORD PROFITS ON THE BACKS OF SLAVES.

MRI SCANS KILL BABIES, CAUSE CANCER

OBAMACARE DEATH PANELS PREVENT US FROM USING MRI SCANS = GENOCIDE FOR MILLIONS

Coolinator, you are just annoying people here by saying that the world is in a depression when there isn't really enough crises going on to suggest that it would be. There are some real hell holes of capitalism around the world, but the first world countries themselves are generally pretty well off. I would under no circumstances describe my country as that of one going through a depression, and I would be interested to know which ones you thought WERE going through a depression, and how the possibly one or two examples you can pull out of your poo hole would possibly constitute a WORLD WIDE DEPRESSION.

Oh, and the people that you aren't annoying are enjoying themselves making fun of your poor grasp of debate and logic. I know I am.