View Single Post
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 02:07 PM       
EXAMPLES FOR GW'S CONSIDERATION
ACCEPTABLE SCENARIO
Girl: "I kind of like Star Trek. I watched a little bit of those Enterprise and Voyager shows. They were the best!"

Star Trek Geek: "I never really watched those! I watched those
old Star Trek shows."

Girl, laughing: "The one with William Shatner? Those are so dorky!"
Star Trek Geek: "I know!"

UNACCEPTABLE SCENARIO
Girl: "I kind of like Star Trek. I watched a little bit of those Enterprise and Voyager shows. They were the best!"

Star Trek Geek: "
WHAT?! YOU KNOW NOTHING! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU WORTHLESS SLAGASS BITCH, I OUGHT TO RUN YOUR TITS THROUGH A WRINGER! KIRK IS THE GREATEST CAPTAIN IN THE ENTIRE TREK UNIVERSE, YOU COW! QU'VATLH QHUY'CHA'BAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGCH"

ACCEPTABLE SCENARIO
Nearby Student A: "I think I've heard of something called the Dover Press. I hear it sells texbooks."
Nearby Student B: "I haven't heard of that, I'll check it out!"
GRISLYGUS: Says nothing because he is not a part of this conversation. Even if he was, he would only admit that it sold out of print books and that he had quite a few Dover Books.

UNACCEPTABLE SCENARIO
Nearby Student A: "I think I've heard of something called the Dover Press. I hear it sells texbooks."
Nearby Student B: "I haven't heard of that, I'll check it out!"
Grislygus: "OH MY GOD, DOVER PRESS IS SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT. THE DOVER PRESS IS GOD OF ALL ONLINE AND CATALOG BOOK SELLERS! THEY HAVE ALL THE ARTIST COMPILATIONS THAT YOU COULD EVER WANT! THEY HAVE EVERYTHING WRITTEN BY ALEISTER CROWLEY! THEY HAVE FASHION PLATES AVAILABLE! THEY EVEN HAVE THE HUMAN FIGURE IN MOTION! I BOUGHT IT! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? ISN'T THAT AWESOME?! WHY ARE YOU STARING AT ME?"

ACCEPTABLE SCENARIO
Guitar Woman: "That guy is a
freak."
Neighboring student: "Yeah, dude, I heard that he's a Mormon or something."

UNACCEPTABLE SCENARIO
Any other scenario besides remaining silent