View Single Post
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 10:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky
I was waiting for a good opportunity to explain my "War on Drugs" quip to Brandon, since it obviously went over his head. Thanks for providing it, Pern. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it does help get the point across: The "War on Terror," just like the "War on Drugs," is a complete joke and an utter failure. As David Cross said, "It's like having a War on Jealousy- you're not going to win."
It didn't go over my head, you smug cunt, I just didn't feel the need to address it since it's the same line of garbage that's been repeated ad nauseum by the left since the "War on Terror" began.

Quote:
Now before any War Hawks jump in and rattle off statistics showing how many senior Al-Qaeda officials we've caught or killed, etc., think of that monster from Greek mythology- the one who, once its head is chopped off, sprouts seven more heads- yes, Joan Rivers.
Of course we have to discard those statistics. Otherwise your assertion that the war has been an "utter failure" would seem less credible.

Quote:
You're never going to get them all, and our present course of action is only going to make things worse. I'm sure I could use Israel and Palestine as a solid example, but we all know that would just be pinko-commie-america-hatin'-fag talk.
So.. what? What would your solution be, exactly? Ignore it? If you can't win permanently don't bother at all? The Clinton administration practically ignored terrorism for 8 years and we still had 9/11.