Thread: Terri Schiavo
View Single Post
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 05:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
As I understand it, the husband does have some motivation for her to die, above and beyond his claims regarding her final wishes.
He has guardianship as the law now stands. He has nothing really to gain financially as almost all of it has been eaten up in medical bills. It pays not to go on hearsay anyway. Did it ever occur to you that he has stayed married in order to ensure that her final wishes were met? So what that he did move on with another woman with children. We have to move on. That's human nature. It doesn't mean that he doesn't sincerely care for her welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
I've also read that she's showed some response, so she's not a vegetable. There have been extreme cases of people coming out of comas after years.
Up until this point, the case was won by the husband because he is in the right by standing Florida law, despite repeated appeals by the parents by this technicality or that. This is just an eleventh hour appeal hinging on the definition of "vegetative state". And guess who introduced the new evaluations of her condition ... endorsed, right wing conservative physicians under the employ of the parents. Suprise! Suprise!

P.S. I'm glad that a federal judge had the conjones to keep the executive branch from showboating and trying to bully the excutive branch. Checks and balances, ya know?

Wherever you go, there you are.