Thread: Terri Schiavo
View Single Post
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 05:38 PM       
There must be a medical name for someone who perceives everything as an act of partisin politics.

It's not about Republican's nearly as much as it is with our personal perceptions of life and death. Some of us think the ability to wipe ourselves supercedes a pulse. Some of us think her life should depend on wether or not her husband is ready to "move on with his life". That's insane. Now to me Hospice is an evil fucking organization, but I know plenty of people who are grateful for their help. I see them as morphine pushers personally, and their "angel of mercy" speeches to be grim reaper bullshit. THAT'S what's coming from the religious Right. Liberals second guessing medical science because of their own lazy ethics isn't much better.

I can tell you this much. Everything about the husband creeps me out, so when I read the hearsay that there's a life policy in her name, or that there's future litigation he stands to gain from, I tend to buy into it. At the core, this is a landmark case in terms of power of attorney, and if her Parents want to resume care for her, they should have the ability to fight for that, and pursue the same options available to their daughter for the past ten years or whatever it's been. I mean, the truth is he wouldn't have ever even put her on life support AT ALL if her wishes were so strong.

Edit: Why is it a negative thing that our nation has taken up this story? Aren't these issues more important then who stole Paris Hilton's password ?