View Single Post

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 11:09 AM       
Well, in the tradition that Ninjavenom attempted to start, I'd like to point out that Dark Horse has published a translation of the Berserk manga.

For those of you familiar with the series, the manga takes place just after the last episode in the series. It tells the story of a man with a big ass sword and an extraordinary will to fight. There's more to it than that, but I don't want to ruin any of the plot for those of you unfamiliar with the series. Just know that it's a very horrific story with gruesome battles and horrible enemies. In a word, cool.

Back me up here, ninja.

Edit: Here's Dark Horse's summary:

His name is Guts, the Black Swordsman, a feared warrior spoken of only in whispers. Bearer of a gigantic sword, an iron hand, and the scars of countless battles and tortures, his flesh is also indelibly marked with The Brand, an unholy symbol that draws the forces of darkness to him and dooms him as their sacrifice. But Guts won't take his fate lying down; he'll cut a crimson swath of carnage through the ranks of the damned -- and anyone else foolish enough to oppose him! Accompanied by Puck the Elf, more an annoyance than a companion, Guts relentlessly follows a dark, bloodstained path that leads only to death...or vengeance. Created by Kenturo Miura, Berserk is manga mayhem to the extreme -- violent, horrifying, and mercilessly funny -- and the wellspring for the internationally popular anime series. Not for the squeamish or the easily offended, Berserk asks for no quarter -- and offers none!