View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 04:17 PM        *URGENT* Help with buying a new desktop PC before January 1st
So I'm looking to buy a new desktop PC and haven't done so in quite a while. I don't want to build one myself, but have been looking at companies that allow me to customize the components before I place my order. I'm going to be doing more video-editing in the next year, so I want a PC that can handle it nicely. CyberpowerPC and iBuypower are two of the places I've looked into a lot - seems like you can get some great components for a decent price with them. I'd love to go with DigitalStorm since they have great builds and a stellar customer service record, but they simply charge more than I can afford.

First off, some of the basic things I'm looking for components-wise are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40 GHz
HD: 2TB 7200rpm (I'd love an SSD boot drive, but they're still a bit pricey, so I'll prolly skip on that.)
RAM: 8 gigs at least (I can always buy more separately)
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB

Other things I'd like to have but aren't necessarily deal breakers are an internal flash media reader, a wireless network adapter, a blu-ray drive / dvd-rw (doesn't need to burn blu-rays, just play 'em), and little to no bloatware.

BUDGET: within the $1200 - $1500 price range (preferably including shipping)

Do any of you have any places / systems you'd recommend I check out? I've been keeping an eye on Newegg, but not many amazing deals lately.

Also, has anybody here had experience with CyberpowerPC or iBuypower computers?

I'm hoping to order my PC before January 1st for tax purposes, so I'd appreciate any info you guys can share in the next day or so.

Thanks!