View Single Post
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 05:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
My friend is 1/16th something or other and someone called him that. They got dealth with quickly.
Huh? Is that a joke? Someone with a small percentage of Aboriginal ancestry gets in DEAL WIT DEM mode because someone tossed out a (relatively minor, inoffensive, and stupid) racial slur? That's fucking ludicrous, but pretty typical of a lot of Americans, from what I've seen and heard.

There's a shitload of Canadians that have enough enough Aboriginal ancestry to get the Metis status and benefits (myself included, if I ever felt like doing it), but they don't fly off the handle when people make insensitive comments. Unless you're just fighting the ignorance aspect of the racial slurs, getting super offended and pissed off because someone insults a fraction of your bloodline is one of the dumbest and most self-righteous things you can do.

And as an aside - I highly doubt that many Americans have much experience with anything "Native American" outside of the proud, strong, warrior shit that they see on TV. Any community in the prairie provinces here is likely to have at least one reserve nearby (my town had about 3), so growing up with them as your peers instead of some kind of abstract idea that serves as a hot-button issue for self-righteous douchebags is definitely a good thing. You get way more overtly racist rednecks than you'd like to deal with, but that's just as disgusting as the people that pretend to have any knowledge of the topic they're getting so upset about.

That was very funny. Well done.