Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:49 PM        Bush targeted.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4288333.stm

A US citizen formerly detained in Saudi Arabia has been charged with conspiring to assassinate President Bush. An indictment read out in a US district court in the state of Virginia said Ahmed Omar Abu Ali, 23, had discussed two scenarios with a co-conspirator.

It was proposed that Mr Abu Ali would shoot Mr Bush on the street or detonate a car bomb, the indictment said.

The alleged conspirator told the court he had been tortured during his detention, which began in June 2003.

Federal prosecutors say Mr Abu Ali, who was born in Houston, joined an al-Qaeda cell in Saudi Arabia 2001 and the plot was discussed while he was studying there.

He is said to have received religious blessing for the plot.

His departure from Saudi Arabia had not been publicly disclosed before his court appearance.

The White House has made no comment on the charges.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 11:37 AM       
right.....
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 02:50 PM       
The guy probaly was talking about doing it but I'm surprised it took 4 years for them to nab someone on this charge. I'd think alot of people would be conspiring to kill him considering how hated he is everywhere.

I also heard that apparently this guy was detained in Saudi Arabia when their forces caught him for 10 months before they sent him here. So he probaly was tortured.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:17 PM       
I heard a report on televison that he's claiming he was tortured. He says he has the scars to prove it.