Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 08:14 PM        Hey, i found some old ass PC games in my closet!
Looting my closet looking for my Sega Genesis, i found a few games that i am thinking of selling on Ebay.

1. Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi Origninal PC DOS version on 3.5 inch floppy discs (a total of Seven discs). The Manual. The "joans fighting Spacecraft" booklet (copy protection?). And lastly the origin software 1991/92 catalogue, featuring "Ultima VI: The False Prophet", "Space Rogue" and "Quest for Clues"! Box is in ok condition, not really great.

2. Bill Elliots Nascar Challenge: Has all manuals, copy protection and all discs (four 5 inch floppy and Two 3.5 inch) Box is in good condition with some tears on the sides.

3. Kings Quest V: Absence makes the Heart go yonder. The 16 color EGA version. 3.5 inch floppy discs, Manuals, Copy protection. The box has some discolorisation (Much of the blue on the box has turned green) but is otherwise good.

I also found a copy of wing commander III but it lacks the first CD Rom.

Anyone here got an idea of how much these are worth.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 08:34 PM       
Post pictures.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 08:35 PM       
$1 each at a garage sale, if you're lucky
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 08:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
$1 each at a garage sale, if you're lucky
Basically this. PC software isn't usually worth shit even if it is old and awesome. Sega Genesii might fetch 5 bucks if they're in good condition. My store doesn't even take them anymore :<
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 08:40 PM       
i mean there's always a chance some crazy person might pay more than $5 for any of those but i'd not put good odds on it. lol it doesn't keep me from throwing away my Battletech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception box though
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 09:25 PM       
I hate throwing away game packaging, it always looks better on a shelf :<
OH GOD
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 10:20 PM       
if i'd kept all the boxes for all the pc games i ever bought, i'd probably need to rent a 5x10 storage unit just to keep em all in
Title
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 10:44 PM       
same goes for most games in general when it comes to packaging, imagine having a collection of old console games all in the original packaging. Thats a lot of space being taken up.

That being said, i prefer keeping packages, just so that i can say i have them.

EDIT: Pics of Games coming soon.

Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 12:38 AM       
I have no idea where my King's Quest collection went off to, and it makes me sad. Loved that game when I was a kid, and I was always mad you couldn't use the pitchfork to kill the witch.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 07:24 AM       
And PC games used to come in boxes bigger than your torso, too.

I had the original box of Dark Reign up until a few months ago. It was the first PC game I ever bought, and I regret throwing it out.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 11:24 AM       
Wing Commander 2? Isnt that the one that ran off you cpu speed so if you had anything faster than an old 386 it would run in hyper speed mode?
Title
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 07:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Wing Commander 2? Isnt that the one that ran off you cpu speed so if you had anything faster than an old 386 it would run in hyper speed mode?
Yeah, that and the first one are unplayable on todays computers because the people who made them didnt have the foresight to think that someone would want to play that game on hardware sightly more powerful than what was available at the time.

I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 02:44 PM       
I used to have a bunch of games on the 5 inch floppies. Then we gave them (and the computer) to my cousin who played like, one game.

Thanks for bringing back bad memories.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
OH GOD
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 09:19 PM       
unless you use dosbox, of course
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 10:49 AM       
I'll give you a pack of gum for them.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:44 PM       
I hearted Battle Chess.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:14 PM       
I Used to have Star Wars Chess. It came on something like 52 floppy disks. I guess it's free now

http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/...ars_chess.html
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:16 PM       
Hahah looking at the abondonware section takes me back. I should play some Jagged Alliance :D
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:06 PM       
Jeff, you have to be a special kind of stupid to think that a bunch of shit from the back of your closet (that you can get for free online, might I add) would be worth anything.

You are one dumb mother fucker.

That was very funny. Well done.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 04:16 AM       
Never underestimate the GREED-OF-THE-COLLECTOR! *echoes*

Whatever it is...there is someone out there willing to pay for it.