Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 05:20 PM       
When you're in a dream and you get hurt, you feel pain. If you think pain and physical sensations make any real difference, then you are absolutely stupid. There are people who can get stabbed by knives, and not feel anything at all. They can even make it so they won't bleed. Then there are other people, like me for example, who can force themselves to hallucinate rather easily. There's no brain damage, no bullshit involved, just creating a conscious hallucination.

There are also people who can make sensations in there body, just about everyone can do it. If you focus on one part of your body long enough, it will get tingly. You can also imagine pain, and become convinced the pain exists to the point that it becomes real. It's like hypochondriacs who insist they have some painfully dehibilitating disease, and they can feel it, yet when the doctors scan nothing is there.

If hallucinations weren't real, there would be no cause and effect. It's thermodynamics, and it's a law of the universe. Whether it results from lsd, brain damage, or forcing it upon yourself doesnt make a difference when you think spiders are biting and killing you. You will RUN LIKE FUCKING HELL AND TRY TO STOMP THEM TO DEATH.

Also, when you are looking at alot of hallucinations or spirits, their manifestations may indeed not be of a physical nature. This is because of their very foundation, the mind. They are created within your mind, in an immaterial fashion, while knives and guns are created in physical material aspect. Most people don't see a knife or a gun and freak out and go OMG IM GONNA DIE OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGO OGM OGMGOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, otherwise people would never touch guns. There is absolutely no thought to a dead piece of metal, is there? Do you talk to your guns and knives? Do you share thoughts? Do they have their own philosophy about people who use them to kill b ut they are cursed to be a gun and they hate killing.
It takes alot to cross the boundary between physical and mental, and it usually takes a Mental thought behind it, like somebody thinking they are going to kill you, or somebody who has suffered trauma from a particular object and thus has an unnatural fear for it. The same works Visa Veersa. It would take a certain kinds of manifestations in order for it to hurt you, physically. BUT HALLUCINATIONS CAN CAUSE VERY VERY EMOTIONAL/MINDFUL DAMAGE, no matter if they have physical manifestations contained within them.

Remember, perceptions and reality is a thing of the mind, so the very basis of your argument is deconstucting itself.

Also, I should mention, there are alot of people who dream and fuck with conscious manipulation, and psychic shit.. who often times get attacked by a force that wo uld seem invisible to you, yet it leaves a bruise or some other kind of physical mark.