Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2004, 09:32 AM       
ABC- you asked me to show you where they are, go stand with them. Rather than encouraging them, you have chosen to belittle them as whatever. I appreciate your cynicism, but you asked a question, and I answered it. I'd rather not paint the Palestinians in quite the broad stroke you and Brandon have.

Brandon- YOU are a straw man. You are a funny little straw man. From now on, whenever you post, happy little thoughts of Ray Bolger dancing and singing Ïf I only had a brain" will be playing in my head.

Brandon, if you truly don't espouse the things I've claimed, that all muslims must be terror loving, jew killing monsters, then prove it. Your "muslim ghandi" comment was either careless, crude, or uninformed. Which one was it?

EDIT: Most of my post got cut off.

Brandon, more directly to the point, I feel that my so called "strawman" was very relevant. Raygun posted this story to attack an entire group of people, not merely a small faction of their "leadership." Why does he do this? He does this in order to rationalize "kicking the crap out of them," or whatever you called the Israeli approach.

I was once quite partisan on this issue, as ABC well knows. I have become much more suppprtive of Israel, and very cynical when it comes to the "plight" of the Palestinians (as compared to other Arab nations). However, I feel that you band ABC are the exact opposite. You paint the Palestinians as unyielding, unreasonable, etc., and yet see Israel and Israelis as unquestionably giving and reasonable. I'm certain they are. Go to a settlement with IDF soldiers, ask THOSE Israelis to compromise, be agreeable, and you will get a struggle. Perhaps violence. Does this compare to a suicide bomb on a public bus? Of course not. But my overall point is that you seem to approach this with a zealotry that has only furthered tensions and conflict rather than resolving it.