Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 03:49 PM        Me and Star Wars
Check out this wak shit, Star Wars fans.

I may have mentioned to some of you, my employers, the Museum of Science in Boston are doing a "Science of Star Wars" exhibit that will open here, tour the country and then the world. We created it, with Lucasfilm providing material, consultation and support, but doing a lovely job of staying out of the way otherwise.

One component of the exhibit is a Planetarium show narrated by Anythony (C3PO) Daniels. Several people (including Anthony) were unhappy with the script they'd commissioned from one of the writers at "Sky and Telesciope". Not the concept, but the way it read. So at the 11'th hour I got called in to try and script doctor the material, which I did.

Todays news is that I'm going to get a co-credit with the author, because they feel I did as much with it as he did. I had expected an 'additional material by' credit at the most, and would not have been surprised at all if I got nothing.

A nice resume builder and a fan boy wet dream come true. I hope I don't wet myself when I get my photo with Anthony Daniels.