Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ushnor is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2005, 05:57 AM        Modern Art
I'm going to have a little rant about the lowest form of art: Modern Art

That's right, the great form of "art" where you can super-glue a piece of dog shit to a plank and have pseudo-intellects buy it for millions because it makes them feel deep.

Well, maybe I'm being too harsh. Lets look at some modern art and judge it firsthand.

(All images from moma.org)
First one up

WOW! It’s a watering can. That must have been so hard! The artist had to do all that work, like driving to buy it at Wal-Mart.
J/K! I know that he didn't buy it at Wal-Mart. Walmart would never sell a watering can with a useless handle like that. Well, at least it makes you feel deep emotions or at least entertains you! Oh wait, no it doesn't.

Wow, a fan. I don't have anything to say I haven’t already said.

How, this is amazing! It shows the skill and mastery that as of yet only 3 year-olds have been able to attain!

I have no idea WTF this is, so it must be great piece of modern art.

Now we get to the cream of the crop, the modern art picture that everyone loves. I'm sure your all saying "BUT THIS WAS MADE A LONG TIME AGO! IT MUST BE GOOD!" or "BUT A POPULAR ARTIST MADE THIS! IT MUST BE GOOD!" or "JUST BECAUSE IT'S A PIECE OF CRAP THAT A 5TH GRADER COULD MAKE, IT MUST BE GOOD BECAUSE EVERYONE SAIS IT IS!" Well I admit it is better then most modern art, it doesn't hold a candle to even low level art like

At lease you can tell WTF it is. And at least web-comics are entertaining.

So everyone, please stop trying to feel smart. If you don't feel smart without trying, then you aren’t smart. Just deal with it.

EDIT: I know everyone has diffrent tastes, but modern art makes me so MAD