Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
¡Olé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2005, 12:02 AM        I was pissed when I wrote this...
I'm a know-it-all. I don't mean to be, and I'm trying to quit, but it's getting to me. I speak too confidently sometimes. I sometimes believe what I think is what's true. That's absolutely false. Why just look at my spelling mistakes. I'm pitiful when I act that way. Please, friends, reprimand me when I act that way. I only noticed this by observing other people. Now, to begin, people are different from a person. People can be ignorant, stupid, obnoxious, loud, violent, crude, and plain mean. A person can be as far from that as possible, but people are composed of some key persons. Maybe it has something to do with conformity. There I go again, acting ominpotent. Anyways, sometimes a person can become that all-too-confident/fountain-of-wisdom being that pushes us all down. They act like they are the pinnacle, as if they were what matters. These persons do it worse when they knock down others for being the same way. Probably the worse was when a person started talking to me about the bible. Now, I'm not the most religious person in the world, but I'm also not an anarchist that eats and rapes the innocent. I am decent, and I go by what I've been taught and what I interpret as right and wrong. But this person "knew" what was right. This person "knew" what I was meant to do, this person "knew" what was my utopia, this person "knew" how I would feel best, this person "knew" that what he thought was right was infallible because it was in the bible, this person "knew" more than me, this person "knew" he was right. How do I know this? This person told me, that's how. I, of all people, should be last to judge and I'm trying not to. It's hard for me to understand this person though. I just brushed the topic of another religion and their beliefs. This person just flat out said that they were wrong. Now how, considering what we are talking about is a belief, can the other person's religion be wrong? Obviously they don't believe that Jesus was our savior, or that there even is a God, but isn't it their right to believe in whatever faith they take most comfort in and find the most soothing or apparent or whatever!?!? I can see disagreeing with an organization and what they stand for, but to say their wrong is a complete atrocity. My view on God and what happens on this Earth isn't really part of my own chosen religion. I don't know of any religion that believes the exact same way I do, but according to this person my interpretation is wrong. That hurts me. I never expected anybody to hurt me that way. What place do they hold in this world that allows them to pass that sort of judgement? What is right and wrong is not theirs to determine ultimately. According to this person the Bible is the ultimate truth, and I don't hate him or find him to be bad for this. I admire his dedication to his religion, but that's what it is. Just a religion. If you were raised in a jewish household you would believe that the savior is yet to come. That doesn't make you worse or lower somehow than to me or this person. I guess I'm losing my faith. My thoughts aren't that dedicated to the Lord. My sunday school teacher asked me one day, if God asked you to kill your parents, would you do it? My first thought was 'NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'. That isn't what I said though. I said 'why?'. My answer was 'because He said so.'. Well, that didn't convince me. There is no way that in this world I will kill my parents, or my family, or friends, or any of my loved ones. They would have to be some atrocious people for me to even consider that. Death is a serious thing to me. The kicker to that day is that the teacher told me that Bugs Bunny was a satanic show that encouraged sinful acts. Now, when you're ten these sorts of messages are a little confusing. Regardless to that, beliefs are beliefs. As long as the way you practice you're religion doesn't somehow degrade mine, or interfere with my rights I'm okay with you doing whatever tickles your fancy. To end this rather long statement I'll conclude with this: The aforementioned person can't accusing me of degrading his religion by saying that other people think it's "wrong". Instead of aiding the situation and bringing anything to light, I merely tarnished this relationship with uncertainty for one another.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid, rather then open your mouth and prove it. -Some wise guy.

Everybody has an opinion and an asshole. They both usually stink. -Another wise guy