Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What do you think of the MOCK WARS SEASON?
I like it and will likely compete. 11 44.00%
I like it and will likely watch. 9 36.00%
I like it in theory, but suggest changes. 1 4.00%
I don't like it. 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
LET'S GET IT ON
Mock Wars Admin is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:17 PM        Mock Wars Season
The Mock Wars Season is an idea that's being tossed around at I-Mockery HQ regarding what we do with the 11 months that don't have traditional Mock Wars action. DEFINED:

The Mock Wars Season is a year-round mock war that will generally have less strict time constraints and which decides who competes in the annual tournament. There will also be online rankings and achievements.

As for the specifics:

People sign up for the Mock Wars Season and PM their available dates for mock warring to the Mock Wars Admin (myself). Then, they are paired with available competitors of the same tier on matching dates (tiers are like 'weight classes' for the Mock Wars. Think 'heavyweight', 'middleweight', and 'cruiserweight'. With tiers, we can have matches that are more 'fair' to all the competitors). The matches are ranked and the results will be made publicly available on mockwars.com, along with the bio information the participants provide. The competitors are ranked according to a number of things (including the rank of their opponent, their margin of victory, etc.), and the top 10 competitors per tier get automatic entry into the annual MOCK WARS TOURNAMENT (the Mock Wars Tournament needs 16 competitors per tier, so the remaining 6 spots will be filled via a simplified qualifiers round).