Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:14 PM       
no you are right, this isnt ww2 or the revolution, but this war is still a necessity.

diplomacy failed, but it was never necessary. we have had the legal right to invade the entire time.

The resolution from the gulf war -- which has never been terminated -- said 45 days to disarm or the ceasefire was null. That 45 days has been extended to 12 years. Disarmament was terms of the ceasefire.

A ceasefire is not the end of a war; a cease fire is a temporary treaty that says "I'll do this, you do that, and then we'll finish up the diplomatics and let you be." Iraq has never done so. And the burden of proof is on them, that is the terms of every resolution from the first one to 1441.
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:21 PM       
Since when did you get your law degree?????

ItalianStereotype, Doctor of Jurisprudence
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
diplomacy failed, but it was never necessary. we have had the legal right to invade the entire time.
Why do I get the image of you grinding steak knives together and licking your lips hungrily while I read this?

Just because have the "legal right" doesn't MAKE it right. Blood is being spilled, and you're telling us that trying to handle this diplomatically isn't NECESSARY??
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:24 PM       
Its the truth though, no matter how much credibility, or lack thereof, I have.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:26 PM       
Quote:
The resolution from the gulf war -- which has never been terminated -- said 45 days to disarm or the ceasefire was null. That 45 days has been extended to 12 years. Disarmament was terms of the ceasefire.
Missiles that exceed his limits, yet still can't even hit Israel, are your entire justification. Where are the nukes? Where are the bio-weapons and the gases?

Quote:
A ceasefire is not the end of a war; a cease fire is a temporary treaty that says "I'll do this, you do that, and then we'll finish up the diplomatics and let you be." Iraq has never done so. And the burden of proof is on them, that is the terms of every resolution from the first one to 1441.
The U.S. government gave up on inspections in 1998. Now they're a convenient way to justify war.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:26 PM       
Quote:
The three of them support it, and they think I am insane, ignorant, and ill-informed not to.

You crazy insane peace-monger you!
Mocker
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:28 PM       
Shut up Kevin! Listen to our resident legal expert, ItalianStereotype. He knows best.
Legislacerator
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:33 PM       
Kevin- you need an example? How about the 10,000 liters of anthrax that remain unaccounted for? How about the nerve gases that he has threatened to coat roads and bridges with?

Also, Bill Clinton was not exactly a shining beacon of foreign policy. He sure as hell didn't stick to his guns in Somalia.

Proto-you are correct, but then again, standing by while civilians are tortured and murdered isn't right either.

apportioner-aren't you CLA? This is partially the reason that people like Ronnie are so demonized, you won't accept that I have a point.
Mocker
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:40 PM       
I am CLAspinster. It's just play man; Ronnie deliberately polarizes the debate, we do too.
Mocker

Captain Robo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:41 PM       
Legislacerator
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:44 PM       
No, I think Ronnie really is as nutty as he seems.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:47 PM       
Quote:
Kevin- you need an example? How about the 10,000 liters of anthrax that remain unaccounted for?
You mean the anthrax reported in 96, 97??? Even if they REALLY had this anthrax in 1997 (which has been debated), Anthrax has roughly a shelf life of THREE years, under IDEAL storage conditions. If Iraq had anywhere NEAR the kind of infrastructure that could maintain said anthrax, the inspection teams WOULD'VE found it....

Quote:
How about the nerve gases that he has threatened to coat roads and bridges with?
Where have you seen this? This has only been reported, to my understanding, by Fox News. Sorry if I remain cynical....

Quote:
Also, Bill Clinton was not exactly a shining beacon of foreign policy. He sure as hell didn't stick to his guns in Somalia.
Scott Ritter went before a REPUBLICAN House and pleaded for the continuation of inspections. It wasn't just Clinton who stopped caring, it was the entire government, for the most part.

Look, we've all been back and forth over this on the politics board. We all know where each other stand on it. That's not the issue. What I can't understand is how you can simplify the war. All war is terrible, whether you feel it's necessary or not. People die every day. But that doesn't mean it isn't terrible when they die.
Legislacerator
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:54 PM       
true, we have all fought in the politics forum for as long as this has been going on and are still in the same places as when we started. we will probably always argue about topics like this, but we ALL agree that war is bad. there is no disagreement there.

I don't have Fox News out here, I heard it on both CNN and MSNBC. Its that and the story about the Republican Guard has been equipped with artillery shells containing chemical agents.

Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:14 AM       
So now, as well as being dead, soldiers will get really sick too if shot.
Legislacerator
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:20 AM       
well, anybody getting hit by an artillery shell probably wont live long enough to recognize the chemicals burning away at their dying/already dead flesh.

Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:34 AM       
Italian gets jokes!
Legislacerator
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:37 AM       
i make 'em too, silly boy.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:54 AM       
So let's all be careful if we go overseas. Don't let any zombies cough on you
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:59 AM       
Saddam was just on TV saying something like 'the enemies of God have made the stupid mistake of aggression'.

I guess he ain't dead.

Old Mar 20th, 2003, 01:38 AM       
Either that, or it was taped.

But I doubt he'd be stupid enough to be anywhere obvious after the 48-hour period.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 02:55 AM       
MY DAD ASKED ME MY OPINION ON THIS WAR AND I SAID "I HAVE NO OPINON WHATSOEVER"

I SHOULD HAVE SAID "I'M NOT ONLY PROTESTING THIS WAR BUT I'M PROTESTING VIETNAM AND WORLD WAR 2 AS WELL

HAHAHA, I SHOULD GO TO A ANTIWAR PROTEST AND HOLD SIGNS THAT SAY "I HAVE NO OPINION" "I DO NOT READ NEWSPAPERS, WHAT IS GOING ON AGAIN?" LOL

*SPOILERS*

TONIGHTS SOUTH PARK IS GREAT
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 03:00 AM       
Well in regards to protesting, we once went to a Marilyn Manson protest a long time ago (we weren't protesting manson, we were mocking the xtians that were protesting him) and we brought signs that read "Free Car Wash" and "Kentucky" and "Lonely Man Looking For A Date" and things like that. Those xtians sure didn't think it was funny. Good times, good times.

As for this war, I still say bush and saddam should have had a duel like somebody once suggested. After all there's a good chance they'd shoot each other...
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 03:17 AM       
MY GOLDFISH SAID IN HEBROW "THE WORLD IS GOING TO DIE"
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 04:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
As for this war, I still say bush and saddam should have had a duel like somebody once suggested. After all there's a good chance they'd shoot each other...
George Carlin was talking about something like that... hold on a sec. :ks it up::

"Only the dickheads that start wars should be fighting 'em. They'd end much more quickly, wouldn't they? And there wouldn't be as many, would there?" ~ paraphrased
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 05:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
xtians
Shouldn't it be 'Xian', or do you also say 'Xtmas' to be consistant?