Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 12:42 PM       
Oh what, HIS ufo reference gets a thumbs up while my drunken, creepy mixtape track list gets zilch, whatever
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 12:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Oh what, HIS ufo reference gets a thumbs up while my drunken, creepy mixtape track list gets zilch, whatever
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Seriously.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 12:50 PM       
I can't remember
Ancient Mariner
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 12:52 PM       
I'm a failure
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:00 PM       
i came in here expecting boner hug

i'm sad now
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:03 PM       
That was a coupla days ago
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:04 PM       
i'm alwayz a day l8 and a dollar short
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:10 PM       
I was making custard tarts and rolling leftover dough in my hands and there was this teeny tiny metal shaving in it.

I've already baked a batch of tart shells and now I'm paranoid, I don't know if I found the only bit of metal or if there are more. I didn't -see- any others but now I'm freaking out.

And was it from the store-bought dough or the cutters I used?

I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:24 PM       
Remember that curb your enthusiasm with the boner hug? That's one of the two episodes I've seen.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:26 PM       
Curb Your Enthusiasm is a great show...
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I was making custard tarts and rolling leftover dough in my hands and there was this teeny tiny metal shaving in it.
WHO CARES, FILE A LAWSUIT! WIN BUCKETS OF DOUGH! PAIN AND SUFFERING AND EMOTIONAL TRAUMA!

Srsly, can you take a photo to scale? I might be able to ease your mind if I can see what we're chatting about.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:38 PM       
I tossed it

It looked like a small curl of metal. I was afraid it might have come off one of the cookie-cutters I was using.

I'm OCD and once I get it in my head to worry about stuff like this I can't stop.
Ancient Mariner
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:39 PM       
found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
THE OFFICIL GRISLYGUS ROMANTIC MIX TAPRE TRACK LIST NOT FOR PUSSY ASS FAGGOTS
SHOW THE WOMAN OF THE LIFE YOU LOVE HER THROUGHT CREEPY LYRICS

1. ROCK BOTTOM-
UFO
2. MAGIC POTION- THE OPEN MIND
3. EVIL WOMAN- BLACK SABBATH (ozzy only!!!)
4. I AM THE HUNTER- SHADOWS OF KNIGHT
5. PROWLER- iRON mAIDEN
6. WHISKEY BAR- THE DOORS
7. ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER- HENDRIX
thassa piecart, that is
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I tossed it

It looked like a small curl of metal. I was afraid it might have come off one of the cookie-cutters I was using.
SUE THE COOKIE CUTTER COMPANY!!!

I'm guessing it was about 1-2mm in length; IMO, the cookie cutters are an unlikely source for a curly shard of metal (most likely aluminum - steel would be much harder to cut). Were you using dough from a tube or a tin? Metallic fragments can be generated from opening an end of the tube (usually sealed with a soft metal slug) or from either end of the tin (usually aluminum). Could the "metal" actually be a piece of the metalized paper used as the body of the tin?

In any event, all food products have to be GRAS per the 23 CFR 175 blah blah blah (I forget the exact reference, can look it up if needed). In all likliehood the piece is too small to engender any type of reaction upon accidental ingestion. If it did then the individual so affected would probably have many other allergic reactions as well.

Bottom line - don't worry about it.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:21 PM       

It was prerolled, but not in an aluminum lined tube. It was in a plastic sleeve in a cardboard box.

I'm -hoping- that was the only metal curl in the batch. I inspected the rest closely and didn't see a hint of metal or any darkness in the dough.

Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM       
Shower
Egg
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:28 PM       
Add ACDC's Night Prowler that Gus
A good selection though!

I don't know what to say about metal shavings in dough, but you can send all your baked goods to me and I'll test them for you.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:31 PM       
lol

I think it was probably just a freak thing, the rest looked fine, I checked everything (and when I check things, I check them well)
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM       
So, no lawsuit?
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:47 PM       
man, what's with the shitty threads these days?
Ancient Mariner
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:48 PM       
Since when have there not been shitty threads
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post

She's pretty good; it took me nearly a month to piss people off this much.

(sorry for the off-topic response )
i'm not pissed i'm just trying to convince her to post elsewhere! this message board is not for kids
Egg
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:59 PM       
So when do we get to unmask Sparkelz?
There's no way she can be real.
The Selfish Gene Hunter
Crimson Ghost is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:13 PM       
Robot?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM       
She met the love of her life on-line 2 years ago, and she's 15. 'nuff said.