Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old May 13th, 2008, 12:41 PM        Weekly Game Review: Grand Theft Auto IV
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Game Review: Grand Theft Auto IV.
なにをみてんだよ
BakaGaijin is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2008, 02:40 PM       
I got soured on GTA3 quick and never picked up Vice City or San Andreas because of the bitter taste still in my mouth. However, I've been hearing nothing but good things about this and, now that my stimulus check is in, I may have to pick up a next-gen console to play it.

http://gojira-otaku.livejournal.com/
Julio is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:04 PM       
I never really got into the GTA series, although I wonder how this game is doing by now and if it is worthwhile of me getting its attention.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 13th, 2008, 05:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
I got soured on GTA3 quick and never picked up Vice City or San Andreas because of the bitter taste still in my mouth. However, I've been hearing nothing but good things about this and, now that my stimulus check is in, I may have to pick up a next-gen console to play it.
You may, but it depends on what it was about GTA3 that turned you off.

Forum Virgin
paulunga is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2008, 06:02 PM       
Having put about 20 hours into GTA IV and over 100 hours into GTA III, VC, SA combined I can wholeheartedly recommend this game to anyone who enjoyed the previous ones. Still, people who didn't like the games before might not be that impressed by this one either. The improvements made are very gradual.

Anyway, my favourite addition is also the use of "Euphoria" for the ragdoll physics. Stuff like shooting a guy in the leg and watching him stumble and fall, struggling to get back up in a different way depending on the circumstances is extremely satisfying.
Crazed Techno-Biologist
Dungeonbrownies is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2008, 08:21 PM       
well, im not surprised, this is a slim gangster mafioso type fellow instead of GTA's thug life style g's. But i really hated the travel, though i loved the interactive world. what other series lets you get so off track you can hijack a tractor and use it to mow down an entire crew of gangsters as to steal their machineguns?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 13th, 2008, 08:31 PM       
Every GTA game has had a different type of protagonist, be it from the last GTA or any other action game. They have consciences, backstories, etc.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:18 PM       
Yeah, the thug lifestyle was only prominently featured in San Andreas.

Forum Virgin
Gilgongo is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2008, 04:42 AM       
I'm using my "economic stimulus" check to buy a next-gen system and this. Thanks Bush! Your silly plan may not help our economy, but it'll allow me to beat up on virtual hookers.
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2008, 10:07 AM       
Quote:
There’s been a lot of talk going around that big game review publications have been handing out positive reviews in exchange for advertising dollars and advance copies of games, so you’d think they would try to avoid seeming biased.
This is definitely becoming a huge problem especially for smaller companies. There's really no way around this though. If corporations are shelling out buko bucks for ads in a magazine, you don't want them to pull it. This is why you need to just buy every game and play them yourself. I don't need some jerk off with an english degree and a minor in communications to tell me that the new FIFA 2008 is boring and it hasn't changed over the past 7 years. OF COURSE IT HASN'T ITS SOCCER YOU STUPID FUCK!
Funky Dynamite
Old May 14th, 2008, 12:00 PM       
Believe me, I'd love to be able to do that myself, but my payscale doesn't currently allow for it.

Forum Chaos Lord
Jaimas is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2008, 07:32 PM       
Icculus, that was awesome and made of win. I owe you a beer.
Fake Shemp
Ferrit is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2008, 07:57 PM       
Without a doubt, one of - if not the best I've ever played - and I've been playing since Ye Olde Days of Pong. Damn work and responsibilities keep getting in the way of good gaming time - but I've managed (a mere) 43 hours of gaming time since I picked it up on its release date, and I've only got 52% of the game finished - quite impressive since games like Halo 3 and COD4 can be finished in 6-7 hours. The worlds created in GTA (well, from III on anyway) offer a perfect way to escape into another place- IV ups the bar here in ways that are just fantastic - and I'm really looking forward to whatever will eventually come out that makes GTA IV look "outdated". I'm sure it will eventually happen, but for now, and for the next countless hours of roaming the streets of Liberty City I'll be happily glued to the 360 soaking in the eye candy and being amazed at Rockstar's accomplishment.