Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 12:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
Fine,

If I'm not welcome I will leave and go back to the video game forum. Hmph!
Yes, you are not welcome here.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 12:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Leader did I ask him about the hypocrisy of Rush? Or about anything Olberman said?
No, it had nothing to do with the conversation. He just likes to throw things out there and then when we don't respond to that particular part he thinks that we just don't know what's going on. He's enduring like that.
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 01:08 PM       
Did anyone read the Health Care bill that just passed? Stocks prices are sky rocketing because of it.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 02:31 PM       
Insurance companies stocks have been going up for a while. Apparently there are actually some people out there who understand the law.
Banned

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 03:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Insurance companies stocks have been going up for a while. Apparently there are actually some people out there who understand the law.
Oh, I thought they were going up because of this.

Quote:
Health-care stocks led the stock market higher Monday after the U.S. House Sunday approved a historic health-care overhaul designed to bring health insurance to 32 million more Americas while subjecting U.S. industries to a dramatically redrawn and newly regulated marketplace.
MARKET ACTION: U.S. stocks gained broadly, led by a surge in health-care stocks.

The Dow's pharmaceutical components strengthened, as drug makers are expected to profit from the expansion of health-care coverage. Merck rose 2.3%, while Pfizer climbed 1.5%.

Hospital operator Tenet Healthcare rose 6.1%, while insurer Cigna gained 1.9% and Express Scripts, a pharmacy benefit manager, rose 2.1%. Pharmaceutical companies also climbed, with Eli Lilly up 1.3% and Bristol-Myers Squibb up 0.6%.

WINNERS & LOSERS: Health-care providers, drug companies and device makers are expected to see a neutral or even a positive impact from the legislation. Hospitals, clinical laboratories and pharmaceutical companies will see a deluge of new customers and could potentially benefit if millions of more Americans are insured.

The outlook may not be so rosy for insurers. Though they will gain enrollees, they also face a raft of new regulations that would bar insurance companies from denying coverage to individuals with pre-existing conditions -- and limit their ability to differentiate insurance premiums based on a customer's age and other factors.
Also, Medicare providers will face both cuts and new regulatory restrictions.

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/stock-market-news-story.aspx?storyid=201003221132dowjonesdjonline000 249&title=at-a-glancehealth-care-stocks-up-after-house-oks-overhaul

Well, At least some states are passing laws to negate this Insurance Bailout.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:07 PM       
For the record, I tried to help him out, showing him where he could legitmately post conspiracy theories. They would even be welcomed there.

BTW, I'd love to get him and Geggy together.
You may already be there.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:11 PM       
And KKKaumph
Banned

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
BTW, I'd love to get him and Geggy together.
Where is Geggy? Did he get tired of being called a "conspiracy theorist"? From what I've seen of his previous posts he was persecuted in the same manner as I am. I guess Geggy and I share the same ideology and do not adhere to the rigid paradigm that others fanatically latch on to.

Red = Bad......Blue = Good.....

Blue = Bad.......Red = Good.....
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:23 PM       
No, he knows he's a conspiracy theorist and unlike you, he is proud of it.
Banned

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
No, he knows he's a conspiracy theorist and unlike you, he is proud of it.
Where did you learn the phrase "conspiracy theorist" from and can you define it for me please? Because it sounds like you and others just throw the title out there as if it will magically discredited everything that the other person is saying.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:30 PM       
OH MY GOD, IT'S A CONSPIRACY AGAINST YOU!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:34 PM       
Personally, I think you could learn a lot from Geggy. :grasshopper
Banned

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:36 PM       
Quote:
OH MY GOD, IT'S A CONSPIRACY AGAINST YOU!
When you call another person a "conspiracy theorist" that tells to me that you just don't want to think about the subject. What you really want is someone of presumed authority to come over and tell you exactly what to think and to point out which faction is your designated enemy.

Hence why you automatically called me a "Conspiracy theorist" the minute I walked in the forum.

Break your conditioning will ya.....you're not Pavlov's dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Personally, I think you could learn a lot from Geggy. :grasshopper
You should introduce us. It will save you from having future tantrums.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:39 PM       
Yes, that tells YOU something, but what it means is a person who theorizes about conspiracies. But you're a fucking nut.
Banned

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:48 PM       
Quote:
Yes, that tells YOU something, but what it means is a person who theorizes about conspiracies. But you're a fucking nut.
Isn't history full of Conspiracies? So why wouldn't mine hold any validity if History is literally packed with them

Also,

If you do any research about what I've been saying you may actually come to the same conclusion but maybe that's the thing that scares you the most. Maybe one day someone may be calling YOU a conspiracy theorist.

ON TOPIC:

The Tea Party Right wingers were actually correct for once about ObamaCare!

You can have your "ignore" tantrum now Colonel.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:55 PM       
You read way too much into things. You'll read too much into these two sentences.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:58 PM       
Its not so much that you have theories about conspiracies so much as you just bust into the middle of a conversation with them. The Colonel just made a joke about Rush so you felt the need to come barging in Kramer style with your "talking heads are liars" bit. Just barely on topic enough to not be a thread derailment.

Speaking of the Colonel... Why do you need to get up his ass? What did he do to you?
Banned

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 05:21 PM       
Quote:
Its not so much that you have theories about conspiracies so much as you just bust into the middle of a conversation with them. The Colonel just made a joke about Rush so you felt the need to come barging in Kramer style with your "talking heads are liars" bit. Just barely on topic enough to not be a thread derailment.
First off,

I'm assuming that you didn't read the first post because this whole entire topic is based around hatred for people of the right-wing persuasion. Which IMO is a futile effort considering that both sides are funded by the same people. THEN the topic continued by stating that Tea Party people are idiots and don't have enough mental fortitude to understand the bill they are protesting against.

Quote:
I wonder how many of them actually can speak coherently and accurately about the issues, or who have more than a knee-jerk interpretation of the actual bill? (aka Health care for me = Good; health care for all = bad)
Seems like someone has prejudices against others...hmmm?? Maybe assumptions that aren't exactly true....hmmm....food for thought.

Quote:
Speaking of the Colonel... Why do you need to get up his ass? What did he do to you?
I'm not getting up anyone's anywhere. If you haven't noticed I continue to get verbally abused when pointing out basic facts. The Tea Party and others (Democrats as well) were correct about opposing this legislation.

And if anyone would like to have a little conversation about that then fine but if everything I say will be answered with "Conspiracy theorist" then I'm not going to participate. Nor will I have a conversation with someone who speaks so low of his fellow citizens. I'm not a fan of conditioned arrogant elitism.

Last edited by TheCoolinator : Mar 23rd, 2010 at 09:13 PM.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 05:28 PM       
Basic facts
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 07:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
I'm not a fan of conditioned arrogant elitism.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 07:43 PM       
Here is my Impression of a Coolie post.

zdfzsdfjkjkzbnlSBV?nlzdbdfl/knsvn zvn.lzsvm.;zsvzdfn.M:zdml;zdfnmnkl;SV
zdgr.jkzfr.sdfknhgzsdr.nk/nl/bkjkBHUKK>?FLM: fKL:gfn dekvgnkl/sdgrnil/swg
dr.kjzjh,zgl/zsML?zsdvm/

zsebgjk.zsdfvhil/ zsgrnizvnk/vzn zvnmZSFk;rS

LINK

LINK

VIDEO

zdgv.zsrklNzvzdnilvsrnlnmlzvzwvzvmaser
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 07:46 PM       
You forgot to mention how you're persecuted because everyone else votes either democrat or republican because you totally knows everything about everyone and everything.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 07:48 PM       
DID YOU NOT READ MY POST! LET ME QUOTE IT!

Quote:
Here is my Impression of a Coolie post.

zdfzsdfjkjkzbnlSBV?nlzdbdfl/knsvn zvn.lzsvm.;zsvzdfn.M:zdml;zdfnmnkl;SV
zdgr.jkzfr.sdfknhgzsdr.nk/nl/bkjkBHUKK>?FLM: fKL:gfn dekvgnkl/sdgrnil/swg
dr.kjzjh,zgl/zsML?zsdvm/

zsebgjk.zsdfvhil/ zsgrnizvnk/vzn zvnmZSFk;rS

LINK

LINK

VIDEO

zdgv.zsrklNzvzdnilvsrnlnmlzvzwvzvmaser
Clearly you can see my point of view!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 08:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolie
[lots of stuff about stuff]
I thought I was being helpful.

You remind me of one of my old freshman chem students, pre-med. Constantly coming to office hours with the same old exam trying in vain to show me that they did get the answer right, or at least deserved partial credit.

Honestly.

I started this thread because it occurred to me as I was driving through my hometown that most individuals who protest one way or another probably have no clue as to the ramifications of what they may be protesting for or against. I am intrigued but not surprised that it has evolved into a discussion of the pros and cons of the present solution to the current healthcare crisis, now known disparagingly as Obamacare.

Personally, I only am convinced that the most dangerous path is to do nothing. A bad solution can be fixed, but it at least moves us off the status quo. Witness the decision of the previous administration on stem cells - it spawned a whole new era of research into modification of epithelial cells to become pluripotent stem cells. Would this have happened if research was not restricted by the Bush administration? Maybe not.

No quotations, no links, and no trying to convince anyone. This is only my opinion.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 08:44 PM       
@ Tad

EDIT - KK would like him. A lot.