Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:21 PM        Composting.
I work in a produce section at a local grocery store and I'm a dirty liberal hippie and throwing out so much perfectly good organic matter gets tiring.

I think I want to talk to my boss about letting me maintain a compost heap behind the store, where I could throw all the bad fruit and veggies - instead of into the dumpster.

The problem would be getting other people on board. I'm sure I could easily find somebody willing to come by every so often and haul off the good stuff (contacting the community garden or people who work with the local farmer's market) because free compost is free compost, but co-workers... People who aren't willing to turn off a light when they leave a walk-in cooler will most likely not be willing to effectively separate what they throw into the garbage.

Really, I'd be perfectly content to be the only person doing this. I wouldn't really expect anybody else to put forth very little extra effort to benefit local farmers and the environment, but man... somebody will have to take over this project when I leave, assuming it's as mildly successful as I expect.

Any insight on composting or my plan?