Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 08:42 PM       
YOUR PROJECT IS MLE APPROVED, BTC.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 09:13 PM       
You need to make an approval stamp. Maybe that can be a contest.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 09:20 PM       
i'll make an MLE approved stamp ;> Cause you asked nicely!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 09:46 PM       
I want the book of Luis Royo's "Dome" if anyone wants to know what to get me for my birthday.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 09:50 PM       
Luis Royo is an amazing artist. I have a sketches book from him, and his poses and faces always give me inspiration.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 10:00 PM       
He's always got something huge going with Heavy Metal. I was reading about him completing Dome on the ceiling of this Russian mansion and I was taken aback by it and how much it resembles the Sistine Chapel.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 10:12 PM       
Do you happen to have a link?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 10:15 PM       
I have the article. I'll see if I can scan it, or at the very least, get a snapshot of it.

Here's a link to the book: http://www.amazon.com/Dome-Luis-Royo...9934939&sr=1-1
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 10:15 PM       
Thanks! I'd really like to see what he's done with it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 02:57 AM       
I feel so bleh lately. I have a great idea for "Alarm", I just don't feel like creating it though. I don't have block, I have lack of motivation.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 03:38 AM       
Tadao, I'd really like to see what you have for us ;< You have until Sunday to put it up ;o I've decided after every week, I'll repost the final versions of everyone's in the first post of the thread, then lock. I wish I had a sub forum under Art Shit to store this stuff in :<
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 06:39 PM       
I think I'll just do a quick and dirty drawing of my Alarm idea. I like painting and drawing in the abstract, and I'm not feeling this one.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 01:31 AM       

Very nice
LOLI brainnn eater
ZAKO the GREAT is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2008, 05:34 AM        OMFG
SHIT! where the fuck is all my stuff? i just lost all my uploaded stuffs (photo, artworks, docs, etc...) due to the email fucked-up

I-Mockery: a serious place for serious people.seriously. - Mockery
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 19th, 2008, 08:52 AM       
:< I hope you have copies saved on your harddrive :<
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 11:13 PM       
I need to find a different style or art form. I don't feel the creative juices flowing any more. Has anyone worked with clay? I think it would be fun to make something and then paint it. I don't want clay that I have to bake, and I don't know if there is one that exists that is like that. I'm shure clay drys ok from the air, but what does baking do? Keep it from regaining moisture in the future?
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:10 AM       
clay changes the chemical composition of it. It turns some clays to porcelain and some to other things similar, obviously. There are some good air-dry clays out there, but it's hard to work with them, because they don't stay pliable until you decide to cook them. You might want to make a compromise and go for Sculpey. You don't have to bake it in a kiln, but you do bake it in an oven.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:56 PM       
how long in the oven? love the new art theme this week (wild).
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:58 PM       
it depends on how thick the clay is. you shouldn't make it more than 2 inches thick, because it will burn on the outside before cooking the inside. mainly it's like, 10-20 minutes.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:04 PM       
i'll look into it. thats not bad oven time. it's probably not as cheap as a lump of clay.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 07:59 PM       
I felt compelled to put this here:

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 10:25 PM       
You could turn the Weekly Art events into some kind of limited edition hardcover book at the end of the year.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 10:27 PM       
It's a nice idea, but I don't think we have any sort of money for that.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 10:29 PM       
cut into the zombie fund
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 10:34 PM       
That's not my fund ;<