Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 07:33 AM        So much for "war on terror"
Holy shit...Al Qaeda is winning the war on terror!

Jordan blast:
http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jh...rc=ActiveBuddy

Baghad blast:
http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jh...rc=ActiveBuddy
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 07:46 AM       
So, how does that equate into al Queda winning? What objectives did they secure? What territory did they gain?

How do you know this isn't a last gasp by a group thats defeated and broken (like the Germans after Stalingrad and the Japanese after Midway)?
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 09:29 AM       
While I'm not gonna jump to the rosy conclusion that this is any sort of "last gasp" you can hardly say Al Quaida is "winning" anything.

They're continuing to wage their war, and we're continuing to wage ours - with (IMO) no signs of either side "winning" anything in the foreseeable future.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 10:06 AM       
You can't win a war on terror. Not the way the Bush administration is trying to win it.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 10:41 AM       
Cowards don't win wars. These men are cowards, Donnie.
say what now?
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 12:34 PM       
Dude, I was being sarcastic.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 01:18 PM       
I think the whole Scicide bonbing shit is cowarly(cowardly). There just stupid brainwashed pussies who think that killing their own people who have almost nothing to do with whatever there whining about.

Like that angry guy from Red Dawn said. "If a fox kills one of your animals would you retaliate by killing more of your animals?"
Mocker
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 02:48 PM       
Do you also find writing coherently and spelling properly cowarly, as well?

I don't think "suicide bombing" is cowardly... it's takes a lot of guts to die for a cause. That's not to say I don't think it's incredibly stupid and morally reprehensible, but I also don't think brave and stupid have ever been mutually exclusive personality traits.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 03:40 PM       
Just because you score a couple goals doesn't mean you win the game. Although, when George Bush is the captain of the other team... you worry.
say what now?
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 04:01 PM       
American have been flying 2000 feet over baghdad and bombing the shit out of the city yet the arabs strap themselves with bombs and blowing themselves up in order to get back at us, who are the real cowards? Huh?

:billhicks
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 04:04 PM       
I'd be willing to bet that those martyrs of which you speak are mostly not Iraqi nationals.

Has anyone ever referred to you as "the Gegg-meister"? Just curious.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mocker
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 04:10 PM       
I used to agree with you, Ziggy, but I have changed my mind on that.

There's a lot of ways one could kill themself. They could grab a loaded gun, charge an army unit, and fight the fighters. They instead choose to take out a wedding party. Not a teribly gutsy move, IMO.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 04:30 PM       
whats the difference between 3 guys hiding in an alleyway with some grenades or RPGs, then ambushing a army convoy and then booking it down pre specified paths.

Or you just drive a car into a group of people who look important then blow yourself up along with your fellow country-men. The reasoning is because they promise every dipshit they can find, that he will become wealthy and get a herum of virgins once he gets to heaven.

So what if the first plan actually takes some fucking coordination!? These cocks are trying to coast their way to victory, after a somewhat sucsessful first strike.

From their actions I'm only led to beleive that their leaders are fanatical dipshits who think they can wage a guerilla war on their own country and expect the odd bombing in another country to solve all their problems.

I say the US pulls out of iraq and just says, Here you go al queda! its yours, now lest see if YOU can do better!
Mocker
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 07:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
There's a lot of ways one could kill themself. They could grab a loaded gun, charge an army unit, and fight the fighters. They instead choose to take out a wedding party. Not a teribly gutsy move, IMO.
So, if they suicide bomb a military checkpoint they're braver than if they bomb a wedding party? I don't know about that. Saner, maybe? More strategically minded, perhaps, but not any less brave.

Then again the difference between brave and stupid is often just a matter of perspective.

Quote:
cour·age (kûr'ĭj, kŭr'-) pronunciation
n.

The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.
I suppose the strongest arguement against these people's "bravery" would be that they often are following someone else's orders, hitting someone else's target, or whatever. But really, I think there is a fallacy in equating all forms of bravery with honor, and saying that since they lack honor, that they are cowards.

I really don't have any clue why they would blow up a wedding party, rather than a military target, unless they think one is more effective than the other. Who's to say what they think they're acheiving? But I do think it takes a great deal of resolve for some jerk to blow himself to bits for some stupid fucking cause.

Brave or stupid?

Brave or stupid?

Brave or stupid? (see, they aren't ALL hard questions)
say what now?
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 07:29 AM       
There's been rumors flying over the internet that Al Qaeda is the US government's household product name.

The explosions happened at US hotels and vast majority of muslims were killed. Israelis were warned to stay out of these hotels. Few articles indicated that bombs were planted in the ceilings. This happened the day after the republicans were destroyed in the election. Is this the work of US/Israel? Was this a stunt by bush administration to boost public support for war on terror? Is george bush desperately looking for approval from daddy bush? Only time will tell.

Kellychaos...no one ever called me gegg-meister...why??
Mocker
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 09:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
I really don't have any clue why they would blow up a wedding party, rather than a military target, unless they think one is more effective than the other. Who's to say what they think they're acheiving? But I do think it takes a great deal of resolve for some jerk to blow himself to bits for some stupid fucking cause.
But what if they truly believe that that one agonizing moment will lead to an eternity of joy and pleasure? is that bravery?

I think the reason you target a weding party rather than a military post is because you're looking for two different results that way. You can't possibly beat the U.S. military in a head on battle, so you target the people in that nation, hoping that the masses will eventually turn on our presence there.

It's a tactic similar to that used in Israel, and I think it's cowardly. Blowing yourself up outside a military post may not be the same, that seems to me more like guerilla warfare.
Mocker
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 09:33 AM       
Either way, it's still insane.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 10:12 AM       
scully said, maybe true faith is a form of insanity. :O
Guildencrantz is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 09:17 PM       
I don't recall ever hearing german or japanese suicide bombers called cowerds. Is this really any diffaren? In my opinion if you are calling the "terrorist" cowards, then in most cases, you are ignorant of the situation.

My suggestion is do some reserch for yourself before you buy into the media's crap, and write them off as cowards just because someone in a suit and tie said so.

Find out for for yourself that they are really cowards.

Just because it's on tv dose not make it true.
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 09:23 PM       
Damn. that sounds kind of suscpicious, I would also like to state that I in no way support such religous fanaticism as that of al qaeda. My point here is that It is easy to call them cowards if you look at it from just one angle.

Is "fanatacism" a word?
Rosenstern is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 10:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guildencrantz
I don't recall ever hearing german or japanese suicide bombers called cowerds.
I've heard that from many, many people, Guil. Except they spelled it right. Is some research in order for you?
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 11:18 PM       
Fuckin Bite me Bitch ass

Besides you Know I live in a Hole
Mocker

Old Nov 12th, 2005, 11:10 AM       
This kind of reminds of the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Sure, the effects were devastating and ugly but the end result was that a lot of lives were saved via this decision rather than conventional warfare. No one can ever confince me otherwise.

Allow me to explain. Sure, a lot of lives and property (collateral damage?) are lost unintentionally due to the current combat doctrine of the U.S., but I propose that a lot more lives/damge would be incurred under a conventional style of combat that was not so surgical in its intent. Again, no one can convince me otherwise.

Note: This is not to say that I agree with the current activities. I don't agree with the idea of combat to effect regime change. If a nation doesn't immediately threaten us, then leave them the fuck alone. That is all.

Mocker
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 01:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guildencrantz
[color=violet]I don't recall ever hearing german or japanese suicide bombers called cowerds. Is this really any diffaren? In my opinion if you are calling the "terrorist" cowards, then in most cases, you are ignorant of the situation.

My suggestion is do some reserch for yourself before you buy into the media's crap, and write them off as cowards just because someone in a suit and tie said so.
You're an idiot.
Mocker

Old Nov 12th, 2005, 01:19 PM       
why do most threads have to end like this?