Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 03:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntToShreds View Post
Surely, you jest. The way I see it, [as] only put that show on the air as punishment for low anime ratings.
If anime ratings are indeed low, then I'll compromise with the cancelling of Tim & Eric if every anime on the planet is also cancelled indefinitely.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 04:22 PM       
i consider the hordes of anime fans who hate it an added bonus to an already high level of quality comedy
Give Me Black Summer.
Dommin is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 04:50 PM       
I'm not even that much of an anime fan, and I hate that show.

Anyway, my list of shows:

Mystery Science Theater 3000.
Metalocalypse.
Mythbusters.
Dirty Jobs.
Good Eats.
Penn & Teller's Bullshit!
Clone High.
Sealab 2021.
Cartoon Planet.
Space Ghost: Coast 2 Coast.
Where The Black Planets Roll Without Aim,
Where They Roll In Their Horror Unheeded, Without Knowledge Of Lustre Or Name.
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 05:57 PM       
Ugh, I love a lot of anime(s?), but I have to keep quiet about it at my school, because all the other anime fans give us a bad name, wearing googles and chinese dresses out of context, and naruto headbands on their asses, and whatnot. Damn retards.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 06:00 PM       
Yeah. Damn all those other kids

I hear they have tree rape in some of those debaucherous anime shows, better watch out
The Power of Grayskull
Pandajuice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM       
Good call on Mythbusters Dommin (see my signature). Although I like the English narrator they put on here rather than the American one. Not looking forward to hearing him again after I move back to the states. :/

Last edited by Pandajuice : Apr 8th, 2008 at 05:23 AM.
You asked, Chief.
BLEU is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 07:31 PM       
Why the hell would they switch the narrator for the U.K.? Are they, like, retarded?

It's the same language.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 07:51 PM       
WONDERFALLS
ADVENTURES OF BRISCO COUNTY JR.
ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?
EERIE, INDIANA

ALSO I FUCKING LOVE PUSHING DAISES.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 07:54 PM       
the edge
the l.a. connection presents: mad movies
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 08:00 PM       
Tim and Eric is a great show. I used to like anime....but after seeing Inuyasha 600 times it's annoying. Only reason for that to be on is the Inuyasha drinking game. 1 drink for a main chars name, 1 drink for tetseiga beeing mentioned, 1 drink for demon being mentioned. Very small amount of rules but it's like playing power hour in 20 mins. If they do back to back episodes you'll good to go in the evening.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 08:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
WONDERFALLS

Is wonderfalls the one with Kaylie from Firefly and Space cases?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 08:06 PM       
She was in it for like four episodes.
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 08:08 PM       
Yeah, I can't stand those shows that are pretty much hundreds of pointless, worn out plot lines, like when Ranma 1/2 started to get worn out too long. It can start out to be pretty good, but later on it's just like they needed to quit while they were ahead, instead of ruining it completely.
Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 08:10 PM       
The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
The Power of Grayskull
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 05:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEU View Post
Why the hell would they switch the narrator for the U.K.? Are they, like, retarded?

It's the same language.
I have no idea really. They do it with almost every show wherever possible. British shows get dubbed over with an American narrator when shown in the states too, so it goes both ways.

I guess stupid TV execs feel like viewers would tune out if the narrator wasn't speaking in their accent even though no one else is dubbed over (Jaime and Adam speak in their own voices). To be fair, there are a few instances where American english varies from British english (for instance, toilet = loo and truck = lorry. And they use stones and kilograms instead of pounds) but not nearly enough to where anyone would say "wtf is this narrator saying! Kilo-wha?"
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 09:25 AM       
Mystery Science Theater, Arrested Development, Stella, Pete & Pete, Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Beavis & Butthead, Duckman, Spaced, Father Ted, The X-files, Space Ghost, Tom Goes to the Mayor, Tim and Eric, Wonder Showzen, Xavier: Renegade Angel. I think all of these are essential, but I definately think that Tim and Eric Nite Live is better than anything that's actually on Cartoon Network; the episodes filmed after they came back from their Christmas break are especially fantastic.

I have started buying the DVD sets and watching the X-files again, and go through stretches where I wonder why it was ever a favourite show of mine; but there are enough great episodes of it for me to still just about see why I watched it every week.

I WANT to add King of the Hill to the list, but episodes range from being the most hilarious thing on TV to being a complete snooze. Similarly I want to add Pee-Wee's Playhouse, but that's really more out of respect for it than because it's entertaining to watch. It can be amazing but alot of times I have to admit I'm too old to be taught sums, even if it is with claymation or whatever.

THE IRONIC LIST: BATMAN, STAR TREK.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 09:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandajuice View Post
To be fair, there are a few instances where American english varies from British english (for instance, toilet = loo
I find this offensive. You think we never call it a toilet? You creep.
OH GOD
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 11:01 AM       
bathroom or restroom vs loo/toilet would be more accurate i think
OH GOD
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 11:02 AM       
i still really enjoy batman TAS mark hamill is the best joker ever
The Power of Grayskull
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 12:17 PM       
It was just an example you retards. And nowhere did I say Brits ONLY call it a loo for Christ sake. In fact, you people also call it a watercloset (WC), dunny, and bog.

Hi, I live in England at this very moment so you can trust that I'm not talking out of my ass. For the terminally slow or otherwise debilitatingly angry readers, I can list more examples that you may find less offensive or more accurate.
Aluminium vs Aluminum, Swimming costume vs Swim[ming] suit, dinner vs lunch, tea vs dinner, jumper vs sweater, trainers vs sneakers; need I go on? Have you grasped the over-arching point yet?
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 01:02 PM       
Well I'm talking to Gordon Brown right now and not only does he call a toilet a toliet, he calls a you a big jerk.

Give Me Black Summer.
Dommin is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 01:51 PM       
Quote:
Good call on Mythbusters Dommin (see my signature). Although I like the English narrator they put on here rather than the American one. Not looking forward to hearing him again after I move back to the states. :/
I'm rather fond of the American Narrator. Then again, he does pretty much every Discovery Channel show, so I'm just really used to his voice.
Where The Black Planets Roll Without Aim,
Where They Roll In Their Horror Unheeded, Without Knowledge Of Lustre Or Name.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 02:52 PM       
Quote:
dinner vs lunch
Wait a minute...do the americans call dinner lunch, or lunch dinner, or do the english call dinner lunch, or lunch dinner...and now I've got my panties in a bunch. Thanks A LOT!
He speaks truth!
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM       
You have breakfast (7AM-9AM)-> lunch (12AM-1PM)-> dinner(aka supper, tea) (5PM-7PM).
The Power of Grayskull
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 05:43 PM       
It is confusing Fat_Hippo, as is a lot of British English. Let me try to break it down:

Breakfast is breakfast everywhere.
Americans call the next meal "lunch" whereas Brits call it "dinner".
Americans call the evening meal "dinner" or "supper" whereas Brits call it "tea".*
Brits also have a snack or something to eat before bed which they call "supper". I guess it would be equivalent to a "midnight snack" in American.

Wait. Wasn't this thread supposed to be about TV shows?

*They also drink copious amounts of the liquid tea in Britain to make it even more confusing when you visit someone's home in the evening.
"Would you like some tea?"
"What exactly do you mean by, 'tea'? Food or drink?"