Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 04:50 PM        Loss of Intimacy :O
YEAH THIS IS SERIOUS

This is more a general question, but it comes from what seems to be a personal problem. My best friend just got dumped by his girlfriend of 1.5 years, her saying that she "got bored with him". I know he was never really an affectionate guy, at least not around people, and I think that's what she wanted.

The thing is, in relationships, I tend to be kind of an affectionate guy. Not HUG KISS HOTEL or anything but if we're just standing talking, I'll try to keep some sort of contact there.

Only recently, my girlfriend has been acting really weird. She doesn't talk at all, won't make much eye contact, stuff like that. The worst is when she folds her arms when I hug her and doesn't undo it.

I personally think it's because we haven't spent a whole lot of time for just us two recently, we've both been really busy. I'm trying to push myself into the background for her because she's got a leading role in a musical here, but at the same time it still IRKS me.

I've tried to talk to her and she says nothing's wrong and everything's fine. I might just be annoying her with the constant attention, but she used to be exactly the same way before she got weird.

So WTF is up
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 06:13 PM       
She's dating someone else, she's averting her eyes from you and won't let you touch her from guilt.
I'm telling you, I've had the axe in my back once or twice.
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 08:23 PM       
Hey mr. mcbitch, why don't you talk with her about it? Seriously, you'll either figure out what's wrong and you'll both grow from it or Fathom Zero is right.
noob 4eva
maggiekarp is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 08:36 PM       
You might be paranoid because your friend's girlfriend left him and OMG YOU MIGHT BE NEXT!!!! Thus, annoying her with your clingyness

Or what Fathom said, which would suck.

I'd say talk with her, but don't be all "ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME" and suspicious.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 08:54 PM       
The true touchstone for this is to call her a slut frequently and at random. If she's being faithful, she'll assume you're being playful and she'll reciprocate by calling you an asshole. However, if she takes offense then it means that it hits too close to home and she is therefore cheating on you with several black men.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 09:08 PM       
Also if she landed a lead in a musical she might think shes too good for you and is considering moving up the cock ladder as they say.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 10:11 PM       
The message here is that you need to take advantage of 21st century scientific breakthroughs that can add 4 inches in just weeks with all-natural ingredients. I don't know why you feel the need to beat around the bush, just change the title of this thread to "My penis is too small" that way OaO can come and give you top-notch advice on exercising those kegals.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 10:29 PM       
I recommend you don't enter a serious relationship until womens' maturity catches up with yours.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 11:22 PM       
She's angry about something and expects you to figure it out without her telling you. BECAUSE IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT YOU ARE A HORRIBLE BOYFRIEND.
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 11:37 PM       
heh heh looks like you fellas have all this covered so i guess i'll go back and make sure maggiecarp is being more proactive on her stuff

oh i hope milhouse can weigh in on this i'l bet he has some advice on things like this maybe that man can write funny things too when he gets up to speed ok goodbye
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 01:24 AM       
Clearly, this thread needs more OAO.

I'm happy to oblige.

Anyway, the solution to your problem is simple, and involves the following materials:

1) An empty 2-liter of coke.
2) A jackhammer.
3) Some rope to hold her steady.

I think you can figure out the rest.
...for breakfast?!
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 01:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by camacazio
Hey mr. mcbitch, why don't you talk with her about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SAID
CAMACAZIO I've tried to talk to her and she says nothing's wrong and everything's fine, CAMACAZIO. OKAY CAMACAZIO?
You're right, camacazio. You're right! You're right!

The thing is, the girl isn't the "cock ladder" type. She's honestly committed; I'm the only guy she's ever kissed, she only wants sex after marriage, all that junk. I know this'll just be rebutted with "OH WELL YOU NEVER KNOW" but she honestly wouldn't do that, it's not in her character which is WHY I'm dating her. She doesn't have these unrealistic expectations of a relationship while at the same time recognizing commitment. Maybe the fact that I'm her first "physical" relationship is another problem altogether but whatever.

I came into this thread thinking exactly what Supafly said, and tonight she finally caved in and we talked and she said I was being a jerk about something, and decided to stay mad at me until she felt like stopping. She apologized for being a bitch and I told her to take what I say with a grain of sugar, because it's never been my intention to be a dick.

We're better now, until I say something else wrong and she decides to get mad for a few days which will be in a week or something who knows right i know yeah.

BUT I've seen this problem happen and never get fixed in a lot of relationships, like my friend's. So I'm still intrigued :O

Shifty is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 03:09 AM       
wait for it to all blow up! thats what happens every couple months with my g/f. she gets "fed" up with me and blows up, and ends up bitching about something that really doesnt concern me. suprise her with flowers, dinner and a movie! that would work i would think. and then hump after, thats a must do!

Or

Smack your bitch up. tell her who's the man.

Cliff burton Gotta love the best metal bassist to get crushed by a bus.
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 03:46 AM       
I never finished reading your boring ass post to get to that.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 05:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
Clearly, this thread needs more OAO.
you might think that, and it's easy to see how you could get confused, but the only thing that this, or any other thread needs, is more Zangief.
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 11:07 AM       
this is the cue for a retarded zangief character to appear that will yell a hilarious catchphrase in each thread, then be banned, unless there already is a character like this
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 01:40 PM       
It's pretty common knowledge that there are always three people in a relationship; you, your girlfriend and the little voice in your head which is constantly screaming "What did I do?! how do I make it up to her???".
The problem is this voice is never there when you are in the same room as your girlfriend so you usually assume everything has blown over untill she leaves and does not call you for a week.

Women being the strage creatures that they are will always be like this and thus you just need to get used to it. Random gifts and compliments help but it's been runied slighly by tv shows and films which claim men only ever buy gifts if they feel guilty about something they've done.

They will never tell you if they are annoyed at you, they expect you to work it out for yourself through a series of cryptic clues they tack onto the end of sentances; "...but YOU wouldn't know about that now, would you!".
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 02:04 PM       
Quote:
I came into this thread thinking exactly what Supafly said, and tonight she finally caved in and we talked and she said I was being a jerk about something, and decided to stay mad at me until she felt like stopping.
She's extremely immature.
Psychedelic
Lotida is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 05:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Quote:
I came into this thread thinking exactly what Supafly said, and tonight she finally caved in and we talked and she said I was being a jerk about something, and decided to stay mad at me until she felt like stopping.
She's extremely immature.

I 2nd that!
Johnny Couth is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 05:09 PM       
Google her name.
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia
It's pretty common knowledge that there are always three people in a relationship; you, your girlfriend and the little voice in your head which is constantly screaming "What did I do?! how do I make it up to her???".
The problem is this voice is never there when you are in the same room as your girlfriend so you usually assume everything has blown over untill she leaves and does not call you for a week.

Women being the strage creatures that they are will always be like this and thus you just need to get used to it. Random gifts and compliments help but it's been runied slighly by tv shows and films which claim men only ever buy gifts if they feel guilty about something they've done.

They will never tell you if they are annoyed at you, they expect you to work it out for yourself through a series of cryptic clues they tack onto the end of sentances; "...but YOU wouldn't know about that now, would you!".
Dude, that's so extremely well put.
Whereas men mostly want to bury the hatchet - regardless of whoever did wrong - women seem to always want to remind you of everything you've ever done with these subtle insinuations.
The moment you walk into a relation, you're forever indebted and whatever you do to pay back just adds to that debt.

But hey, you can have fun in the mean time.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 03:38 PM       
This is why gay relationships are the only ones that work.
...for breakfast?!
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:32 PM       
I guess this whole thing has finally proven to me that men and women really weren't meant to be together after all.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 08:39 PM       
It's a harsh lesson to learn

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 11:43 PM       
This, comming from Milhouse is scary.