Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 31st, 2009, 05:15 PM       
I'm watching the 13th Warrior again. I like to watch it at least every 2 years.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:26 PM       
I used to work at Keybank and I stayed up all night watching 13th Warrior and playing games. When I showed up to work they let me go. I was pissed when I got home but at least 13th warrior was badass.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 11:17 AM       
Rocketeer. <3
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:14 PM       
X-men origins: Wolverine

It was ok, had some great action.

But why in the love of fuck did they make it PG-13?
And why did Deadpool suck so hard in this one?
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:21 PM       
watchmen

it was great but they screwed up Rorschach's character, they made him look like a fag cuz he removed his mask while on the job
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
But why in the love of fuck did they make it PG-13?
And why did Deadpool suck so hard in this one?
Because Hollywood is ass sucking retarded. They need to quit making all these potentially bad ass movies PG-13. GROW A FUCKING PAIR ALREADY!!
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 03:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Because Hollywood is ass sucking retarded. They need to quit making all these potentially bad ass movies PG-13. GROW A FUCKING PAIR ALREADY!!
Well if they made the Wolverine movie "R" then the younger teenage people who would go to see it wouldn't be let in. They'd lose money.

Anyway, I just saw the new Star Trek movie. Given my lack of Trekkie knowledge, I enjoyed it.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 04:57 PM       
Do they really crack down on that kind of thing now days? REALLY?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 05:16 PM       
I was theater manager for like 2 years, we wouldn't sell the tickets, but we didn't really care if they jumped theaters. So a PG movie would get the money while an R movie would be seen without purchase. Fuck all if I'm gonna lose my job because some parents won't buy the tickets for their kids.
Insane Writer
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 06:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
we wouldn't sell the tickets, but we didn't really care if they jumped theaters. So a PG movie would get the money while an R movie would be seen without purchase.
Yeah, I believe that's how my friends said they went to see "V for Vendetta". But still, as you said the movie doesn't get as much money and money talks in the film industry.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 07:01 PM       
Thanks for pointing out what everyone understood.
Insane Writer
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 07:13 PM       
You're welcome.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 02:55 AM       
lol i used to go to the movie theater and jump movies and they would check tickets and not even say anything about ours :O

Taken really should've been called, TAKEN BY KARATE CHOP.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 05:47 PM       
ROBOCOP.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 6th, 2009, 10:44 PM       
re-watched Cool Hand Luke so the bf could see it.

When I watched it as a little kid, I totally didn't get that he was Jesus. The next few times I watched it, it became more obvious. Now it just seems heavy-handed, right down to the crossed ankles on the table after the egg contest and the whole Gethsemane deal at the end.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 6th, 2009, 10:58 PM       
Really? I had no idea
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 6th, 2009, 11:14 PM       
Although I don't remember Jesus eating 50 eggs in the New Testament. Guess it could have happened.

This time I caught the last supper deal with the rice, too.

Last edited by Kitsa : Jun 6th, 2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: I'm tired, shut up
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 12:20 AM       
Oh man I can barely see the last super/rice in my minds eye. I guess it's time to rewatch it.
Insane Writer
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 12:56 AM       
Titanic: The Animated Movie

Yes, this is real. Yes, it's set in 1912. Yes, it rips off Cinderella. Yes, it has a rapping dog with a Mexican mouse back-up.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 02:31 AM       
I bet nobody dies either.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 09:43 AM       
Tadao:

Egg-eating contest: some miracle, not sure which, and then a mock crucifixion scene on the table afterward
Fellow prisoners: apostles, with Drag being Judas
"Stop feeding off me!": Jesus protesting against the press of people wanting help
Three escapes: the 3 times Jesus was supposed to have fallen
The plate of rice where each prisoner took a spoonful: The last supper
The "ditch digging" of his own symbolic grave: being tortured by his guards
The church standoff: The Garden of Gethsemane
The "recollection montage": the building of the Jesus mythology
(and so on)

Like I said, I used to think it was interesting but now I just think it's kind of heavy-handed.
Insane Writer
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 11:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain516 View Post
I bet nobody dies either.
Well they do, you just don't see it. A hot woman named Molly opts to stay behind and sing with the band, leaving her two 101 Dalmation-rip off dogs to cry.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 01:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Tadao:

Egg-eating contest: some miracle, not sure which, and then a mock crucifixion scene on the table afterward
Fellow prisoners: apostles, with Drag being Judas
"Stop feeding off me!": Jesus protesting against the press of people wanting help
Three escapes: the 3 times Jesus was supposed to have fallen
The plate of rice where each prisoner took a spoonful: The last supper
The "ditch digging" of his own symbolic grave: being tortured by his guards
The church standoff: The Garden of Gethsemane
The "recollection montage": the building of the Jesus mythology
(and so on)

Like I said, I used to think it was interesting but now I just think it's kind of heavy-handed.
Yeah I watched it last night. I also noticed. A few other things too, like calling God "OldMan" and and when his mom dies he sings a song about the virgin Mary.

I've read a lot of bible, but now that I think of it, it was OG Bible. Not much Jesus stuff and I don't really recognize half the stuff you listed

First thing I noticed though was him cutting off the parking meter heads. That would be like the story of the money changers.

Edit: I just found this page. http://www.textweek.com/movies/coolluke.htm
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 02:46 PM       
LOST BOYS: THE TRIBE AND IT WAS BAD.

THE ONLY COOL PART WAS THE COREYS.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 10:26 PM       
Tadao- did my time in a Catholic charter school and some of my best friends are nuns.