Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 01:18 AM        Transformer DVD (Lou Reed, not action figures)
Got it today after ordering it the 22nd at Borders. Long wait.

But it's good.

IF you've read alot about Reed, you can basically fill in waht people are going to say lot of the time. Still, I thought it was great to see it in video. Plus there's alot of cool studio shit going on, with them showing how instruments were mixed, etc. You get to see pictures of Candy Darling. She could definetley pass for a chick.

Also, the DVD presents a seldom mentioned side of Reed: humble. They show a bunch of clips of him listening to the Tranformer stuff, commentng, isn;t that amazing, Bowie was a genius doing this. He really just gushes about the excellet people here worked with. Pretty cool. It runs over 2 hours with all the bonus material, I'd say it was worth 20 bucks. Plus, I had a gift certificate.

PS. Lotta stuff about how Reed writes songs, and there's alotta stuff about the Velvets. Basically, anyone who likes Reeds work shouldn't be dissapointed.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 09:00 AM       
Is this the Classic Albums DVD? I really want to see it, but I can't bring myself to pay $20 for a documentary that I'll watch once. Sounds good though.

Old Jan 14th, 2004, 10:16 AM       
Yeah, it's the classic DVD. I imagine I'll watch it more than once, hopefully. :/
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 03:26 PM       
I just bought The Velvet Underground And Nico a few weeks ago and I really like it. Where should I go from there?
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 04:16 PM       
You should have bought the Velvet Underground box set, Peel Slowly and See. It has every single thing you need, all the albums, remastered, bonus tracks, a book, demos, etc. This is THE ultimate box set and the only Velvet's thing you'll ever need to buy. I bought it after only hearing VU & Nico and I must say that all their other albums are just as good, if not better. Trade in your VU & Nico and buy this.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...=Ammez97bkkrrt
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 04:33 PM       
I bought the album out of town for like 9 bucks .

I'll just turn it in at a local music shop and get this.

Old Jan 14th, 2004, 07:39 PM       
Meh. The closet mix of self-titled works great on some songs (Candy Says) but ruins others (What Goes On.) I own all the albums and the box set :foolish completeism. The first non-studio album is great in the box. Folk Velvet Underground is really cool.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 09:38 AM       
Do you have the Deluxe Edition of VU & Nico and the Fully Loaded Loaded? If so, is there actually anything on them worth having? I downloaded them, but never got around to listening. And they are just too much extra $$$ when I have the box with everything needed. I should get the regular version of VU on CD, I just have it dl'd, and the closet mix from the box (which I really like!).

Old Jan 15th, 2004, 04:32 PM       
Uh, I have Fully Loaded, I think there's a few extra takes, nothing worth getting if you have the box. If you are going to buy anything, get the non-closet of self-titled. Seriosuly, What Goes On without the box mix is a religous experience.