Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 07:26 PM        Let the Right One In
Here's the producer's plot summary: Oskar, a bullied 12-year old, dreams of revenge. He falls in love with Eli, a peculiar girl. She can't stand the sun or food and to come into a room she needs to be invited. Eli gives Oskar the strength to hit back but when he realizes that Eli needs to drink other people's blood to live he's faced with a choice. How much can love forgive? Let The Right One In is a story both violent and highly romantic, set in the Stockholm suburb of Blackeberg in 1982.

I watched this last night, and I was pretty impressed. The two lead kids out-acted every single adult in every movie in recent memory. The dubbing left a lot to be desired, so if you can find a copy with the theatrical subs, go for that instead. Some of the shots are really beautiful in an eerie sort of way. Seriously, watch it.

Trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICp4g...layer_embedded

That was very funny. Well done.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 09:27 PM       
It sounds kind of like Little Shop of Horrors, but with a vampire instead of a carnivorous plant.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 10:04 PM       
Looks pretty creepy but good. Does it have a North American release?
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 11:38 PM       
Everybody has told me this is a pretty good flick. The only thing that's stopped me from seeing it so far is that it's a vampire movie. And after the original Lost Boys, I was pretty much convinced there would never be another vampire movie that could come close to it. So far, that's been the case exactly.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 12:02 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Looks pretty creepy but good. Does it have a North American release?
It came out last year, I think. I'm pretty sure there's two copies out right now. One is the dubbed one, and the other is one with REALLY BAD subtitles. Apparently, the company that released the subbed version has stated that they'll discontinue the line and put out some new ones. Not sure how long ago that was.

Mock - If you go around comparing everything to The Lost Boys, of course you'll be disappointed. It's a really solid movie on its own merits, though.

Quote:
It sounds kind of like Little Shop of Horrors, but with a vampire instead of a carnivorous plant.
And no Rick Moranis

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention: it's already set for an American remake

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 12:08 AM       
Oh don't worry, I'm gonna see it for sure. And I'm not expecting it to be both awesome and comedic like Lost Boys. I've just never been very interested in vampires is all, and Lost Boys was the one movie that really made the subject matter interesting to me.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 01:26 PM       
Yeah this is a good film, and it's not really a vampire film. It's just a kind of creepy story about friendship that happens to involve a vampire.
The Wolf
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 02:45 PM       
And attack kitties.

filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 02:45 PM       
At least it doesn't involve some homo ass vegetarian vampire.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 02:59 PM       
Whats up with all the vampire movies and shows recently? Especially the teen vampires? Vampires arent gay enough? They have to make them teenage vampires? Hypothetically, If you were a vampire why the hell would you want to turn a whinny and/or punk ass teenager into a vampire?
The Wolf
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 03:03 PM       
Please don't lump all vampire movies and books together because of pure shit like Twilight gaining widespread popularity. I fucking despise Twilight, both the movie and the book.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 03:39 PM       
Then you should return my Twilight Potato Peeler you borrowed.
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 04:24 PM       
Oh Im not trying to lump them together. It just seams everyone has a hard on for vampires here recently.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 04:28 PM       
here?
The Wolf
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 04:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Then you should return my Twilight Potato Peeler you borrowed.
I need that until after my Irish-themed pot-luck event

Old Apr 1st, 2009, 05:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Oh Im not trying to lump them together. It just seams everyone has a hard on for vampires here recently.
Not HERE here.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 09:20 PM       
lol i dunno people have had hardons for vampires for a long time ;\

one time i went into a vampire chat room to see what kind of people were vampires. There was a kid who was, "da rel lestat the real 1 not da fake 1 the real lestate #1" and couldn't spell at all, which was hilarious, and then there was this pedophile lookin dude holding a baby who probably could've actually been a vampire.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 02:29 AM       
werewolfs are so much more kickass than vampires

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 10:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post

Crazy dog woman
the Platinum Poppy is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:27 PM       
I saw it in cinema here, and really liked it. I didn't expect another vampire movie to be any good, but then reviews were starting to come in and everyone seemed to love it, so I got curious and went to see it. And it was great. (I checked it out at rotten tomatoes too... it had like 97-98% or so positive reviews).

After this I learnt more about the story in the book it is based on... apparently, the movie follows part of the book pretty accurately, but large chunks have been cut out. So lots of things that are explained in length and detail in the book are left open to various interpretations in the movie. I think that works to the movie's advantage.

I also think Oskar is a little like those kids that one day get a gun and go to the schoolyard trying to take out as many people as possible... Only difference is he doesn't kill people himself, since he doesn't have to, with his vampire buddy murdering around.
Crazy dog woman
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 04:23 PM       
There are like tons of websites comparing Twililght and LTROI... Not surprisingly since the movies came about the same time, and both are about puppy love between a human and a vampire... Like these two:

http://www.jossip.com/let-the-right-...ight-20090106/

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/fre...vampire-sucks/
90's Child is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 12:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
Rock on brother, rock on. I prefer the benign fantasy-type-can-change-at-will werecreatures, but I also like the pact-with-the-devil-huge-dire-wolf ones from mythology. It takes all types ya know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Everybody has told me this is a pretty good flick. The only thing that's stopped me from seeing it so far is that it's a vampire movie. And after the original Lost Boys, I was pretty much convinced there would never be another vampire movie that could come close to it. So far, that's been the case exactly.
Have you perchance ever seen Near Dark? That is a totally awesome movie. the only thing that bothered me was the fact that the vampires don't have any goddamn fangs. Why in the hell would a virus evolve not to give it's host the equipment to gather it's main food source? It makes no sense! Still, kickass movie I highly reccomend it.

And as for Let The Right One In, it looks awesome, but I was never able to see it in theaters, and I probably don't want to buy the DVD with the lobotomized English subtitling job. I'll just have to wait until a better version of the DVD comes out.
Crazy dog woman
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 05:31 AM       
Thinking about it, there are only two vampire movies I've seen and genuinely liked, like good movies, not for their kitch value, and that's LTROI and Shadow of the Vampire.

One really good thing too about LTROI is that there's no escape from the fact that vampires kill people to survive. It's not like Eli has another option, like living only on animals or fake blood or something, and it's not like she has the alternative to be some kind of vampire Dexter and live only off "bad guys" to justify the whole thing... But perfectly ordinary decent people has to be killed off to feed her.
I mean, that was what made vampires scary in the first place. It doesn't make sense to make vampire movies and then remove that element... then why bother with vampires at all?
Crazy dog woman
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 05:56 AM       
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2...n_subtitl.html
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 04:12 AM       
Whenever I think of vampires I think of Cassidy.