Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:07 PM       
the skins I hung out with considered themselves "Mods", although most of them shaved their heads it was considered acceptable to have crazy preppy-like mod hair. I really just said that to fuck with you, and to see how you'd respond.

"I mimic no one; I act as I wish, and I do as I please, and what I please to do is skinhead."

Why would you join a social club so bent on creating a certain standard of person, then? What's the point of joining in the first place if it's not to conform, to some extent, and become a "Better man" through some people's perception? What's the SKINHEAD CULTURE?

"My values and morals are not based on skinhead"

Really? Because they sound strikingly similar to every other skinheads belief(is this the kind of coincidence that made you KNOW you were a skinhead?). Did you have the exact same beliefs when you joined, or did they kind of develop by reflection of other skinheads? If your beliefs have been the same for four years, what the fuck? Where's your development?
I can't believe you're ridiculous enough to believe that being a part of a "Brotherhood" doesn't change you, that's the BASIC goal of ANY brotherhood.
If your values aren't valuable because you're a skinhead, then why did you judge my "Validity" by how long I'd been a skinhead for compared to you?
I'm pretty sure being a skinhead is a very important thing to you, you make it seem so anyway.

you look hilarious with no hair ;(

Most of the skinhead values are skindeep. They talk about heart and all of this shit, but their values are so stagnant and boring. I love the idea that you think you can create some kind of cultural reform out of it, and yet you imply that skinhead philosophy hasn't even changed you in the slightest. Everything about skinhead philosophy is incomplete; as a culture, as a philosophy, even as a feeling it fails mightily(they'd even fail at writing hallmark cards).
Apparantly, even as far as developing people(culture) into something better it has managed to fail. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing, it's a good thing because it's such an incomplete system. You'd have people running around saying how good they are and how strong their hearts are while everything falls down around them and the only response they'd have was, "Be strong! USE THE POWER OF YOUR HEART!".

If you want to be involved in the field of culturization at least take part in it in an exemplary fashion. Don't you understand that if you're planning on taking any of your values beyond what they are, you're going to have to be a shining example of them? So far all you've done is talk out of your ass and share pretty sounding poetry with us. That's not who you actually are, it's just a face you put on to hide how scared you are.
If you weren't scared inside, you wouldn't make such a point to hymn confidence boosters like mantras in order to avoid 50% of the questions you are aske. This is apt especially as far as self-analyzation goes, you don't even seem to have the "Heart" or willpower to judge yourself and try to make yourself a better person. You instead rely on the fact that you're already a good person, which to me is lame. Accepting the weaknesses of humanity is one of the greatest strengths you can have, especially if you're talking about "Culture" and want to make some kind of change in the world. Which type of hypocricy does that represent?

P.S. Every argument I've had with you so far you've pussed out of, especially the homosexual one. Where's your brave little heart? Let's hope you keep strong in this one, not that I will have much else to say after this.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:22 PM       
"Be strong! USE THE POWER OF YOUR HEART!".

That's the Skinhead Mantra?! Oh my God, Skinheads are Sailorscouts!
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:28 PM       
Quote:
Ma-ti became the planeteer of Heart, able to communicate with others telepathically and feel and convey emotions directly. Though not powerful in the way of action, Ma-ti's power is considered by some to be the most important, for it keeps the planeteers together and helps them to be in tune with not just nature, but the people with which they interact. Ma-ti's power can also influence the feelings of others, enabling him to draw aid from creatures in the surrounding area. (This should not be confused with mind control; Ma-ti's powers can only influence behavior by drawing out what kindness already exists in a being's heart; as such, most villanous people are barely influenced by the power, and it has no effect at all over beings of pure evil, such as Zarm). His power was also necessary to call Captain Planet, as the other four combined could not(it's possible that Captain Planet's essence was channeled solely through the heart ability, and the other rings merely gave him extra abilities). Though many of the show's critics often cite his power as being "useless" because it is called heart.

Ma-ti is the most compassionate of the planeteers. While Ma-ti is both wise and learned about the ways of nature, some of the more modern forms of entertainment can consume him, such as an episode in which he was so obsessed with mystery novels that he began treating missions like mystery stories.

The monkey that Ma-ti rescued from the jaguar stayed with him after joining the planeteers and was named Suchi. For the most part, Suchi's role in the series is rather small, though on occasion he may serve a role in the movement of the plot or some sort of comic endeavor. For the most part, however, Suchi remains a token to Ma-ti's heart.

It is also worth nothing that Ma-ti, while being caring when saving the monkey (Suchi), was actually interfering with the natural order of things whereas normally, the monkey would have been devoured.
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 01:38 PM       
I am so sorry, the Sailor Scouts would kick the Planateers ass. And they wouldn't blled from the face like a bunch of sissy ass drunken skinheads when they did it, either.

They'd be all "MOOOOON... HEALING.....CRYSTAL... ACTIVATION!!" and the Planateers would be dusted and the Skinheads would be all "Wa-ah?"
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 01:57 PM       
how the hell do you know so much about sailor moon?
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 01:58 PM       
Dude. Two daughters.

Oh, and I am as gay as the day is long.
Pharaoh is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Oh, and I am as gay as the day is long.
Yeah we know that, butface.
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:51 PM       
Now you DREAM that, Felicity!

HAH!

You are so gay for me it's painful. But I am strictly for the ladies.
Pharaoh is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:11 PM       
Well, I'm afraid I'm not gay
...but maybe if you covered your face (and the rest of your body) but got your b bs out, I could possibly...

...no, maybe not.
Although could I see them, please? I've heard all about them but I couldn't find your photo.
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:20 PM       
They are lucious, and not for little girls like you.

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
the skins I hung out with considered themselves "Mods", although most of them shaved their heads it was considered acceptable to have crazy preppy-like mod hair. I really just said that to fuck with you, and to see how you'd respond.
Really, now.

Quote:
"I mimic no one; I act as I wish, and I do as I please, and what I please to do is skinhead."

Why would you join a social club so bent on creating a certain standard of person, then? What's the point of joining in the first place if it's not to conform, to some extent, and become a "Better man" through some people's perception? What's the SKINHEAD CULTURE?
The same reason you join the military -- you know your heart is in that place, and you agree with the fundamental philosophies and you want to become something more through their emulation and execution.

Quote:
"My values and morals are not based on skinhead"

Really? Because they sound strikingly similar to every other skinheads belief(is this the kind of coincidence that made you KNOW you were a skinhead?). Did you have the exact same beliefs when you joined, or did they kind of develop by reflection of other skinheads? If your beliefs have been the same for four years, what the fuck? Where's your development?
It is coincidence; being a punk rocker most of my youth, it eventually became time to move on. I wanted to be with the skins because they represented a better value system to me, and a commitment to higher sense of ideals.

Skinhead is not a political manifesto, nor is it necessarily some extremely rich culture; it is a mere way of life and attitude that one embraces while living.

Skinhead is not politics or religion, these are different, and so we go along and do our own bit on our own.

Quote:
I can't believe you're ridiculous enough to believe that being a part of a "Brotherhood" doesn't change you, that's the BASIC goal of ANY brotherhood.
If your values aren't valuable because you're a skinhead, then why did you judge my "Validity" by how long I'd been a skinhead for compared to you?
I'm pretty sure being a skinhead is a very important thing to you, you make it seem so anyway.
It does not change you; it gives me diff. music to listen to, friends the world over, and people to drink with, etc. but I do not feel as if it is some radicalizing element. I think it encourages courage on much higher levels, though.

Quote:
you look hilarious with no hair ;(
Haha, I do not mind; it works out for me well.

Quote:
Most of the skinhead values are skindeep. They talk about heart and all of this shit, but their values are so stagnant and boring. I love the idea that you think you can create some kind of cultural reform out of it, and yet you imply that skinhead philosophy hasn't even changed you in the slightest. Everything about skinhead philosophy is incomplete; as a culture, as a philosophy, even as a feeling it fails mightily(they'd even fail at writing hallmark cards).
I think that skinhead has the most values to offer people in the sense of working class and national esteem as well as national identity; it teaches to have a pride in oneself and one's way of life.

Quote:
Apparantly, even as far as developing people(culture) into something better it has managed to fail. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing, it's a good thing because it's such an incomplete system. You'd have people running around saying how good they are and how strong their hearts are while everything falls down around them and the only response they'd have was, "Be strong! USE THE POWER OF YOUR HEART!".
It is not like that, it is more of a "because you have a strong heart, you are going to do the work necessary to achieve your goals and endure whatever hardship comes."

Quote:
If you want to be involved in t[he field of culturization at least take part in it in an exemplary fashion. Don't you understand that if you're planning on taking any of your values beyond what they are, you're going to have to be a shining example of them? So far all you've done is talk out of your ass and share pretty sounding poetry with us. That's not who you actually are, it's just a face you put on to hide how scared you are.
You do not know who I am.

Quote:
If you weren't scared inside, you wouldn't make such a point to hymn confidence boosters like mantras in order to avoid 50% of the questions you are aske. This is apt especially as far as self-analyzation goes, you don't even seem to have the "Heart" or willpower to judge yourself and try to make yourself a better person. You instead rely on the fact that you're already a good person, which to me is lame. Accepting the weaknesses of humanity is one of the greatest strengths you can have, especially if you're talking about "Culture" and want to make some kind of change in the world. Which type of hypocricy does that represent?
I think of myself as a good person because I only do what I think is good. I know I have shortcomings and I will try to work on them.

Quote:
P.S. Every argument I've had with you so far you've pussed out of, especially the homosexual one. Where's your brave little heart? Let's hope you keep strong in this one, not that I will have much else to say after this.
I will be leaving for the field for a week on Saturday (which is tomorrow in korea time), so there u have it; I probably wont stick this out as you like.

I work for our country.
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:02 AM       
Heart, heart, heart. What are you a friggin' Care Bear?

On your journey from 'Punk Rocker' to 'Skinhead', here are some identity stops you can look forward to in the future.

'Hopeless drunk'

'Homeless hopeless drunk'

'VA hanger onner'

'Scientologist'

'Reborn Christian Fundamentalist'

'Reborn Christian Fundamentalist Amway Salesman'

'Homeless crazy person'

'Unclaimed body'
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:14 AM       
Really, now.
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:56 AM       
Oh it just steams me Kev! "Oh, Oh, I'm such an individual have an easily named identity cubby hole where I can meet other unique individuals who have decided they also need a cubby whole where their unique individuality can be validated by folks who dress the same, think the same, listen to the same music and have the same haircut!" It's all well and good if your twelve, but taken beyond that it's pathetic.

Identity seekers fall into three categories.

1.) Those who grow out of it.

2.) Those who grow into it and become horrid cogs, some as inoffensive and potentially useful as Rotarians and Kiwannis, and some as Noxious and dangerous as Brownshirts and The Lord's Liberation Army.

3.) People who move from one subculture to another throughout their lives, always sure that the stop their on is the terminus that all their life has been leading up to.
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:57 AM       
I AM GENUINELY ANGRY NOW!!!
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:42 PM       
Go GOTH!

Or wait, hey... Try putting those x's on either side of your s/n! That always looks really kewl!

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 05:33 PM       
I like how kulturkampf finds the meaning of life in killing others for the sake of our country. I can see him curbstomping an arab right now.

God, he's so alive!

Old Mar 14th, 2006, 09:18 AM       
I hate straight edge.

I have been a skin since 02.

I think I will give it up when I get married, whenever that may be (probably another decade).

But thankfully, tattoos are forever. I will always be able to prove that once I was young and had a good time.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 09:28 AM       
The STDs will serve the same purpose.
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 10:27 AM       
OAO, I don't find KlimaxKilt's narrative any less riddled with paradox and self adoration than your own. People who live on top of grotesquely overdeveloped thighs shouldn't throw clove cigarettes at Instinctual Skin head soldiers.

You are both I-mockery clowns juggling sharp objects badly and cutting your selves over and over.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 01:24 PM       
He needs to prove that he was "Cool" in the future, everybody keep that in mind.

Old Mar 16th, 2006, 05:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
He needs to prove that he was "Cool" in the future, everybody keep that in mind.
No, I need to prove that I lived.
BANNED

Old Mar 16th, 2006, 07:16 PM       
Oh really? As if being alive now isn't enough proof that you were alive a few years ago? usually people don't magically appear out of thin air.
How does a tattoo prove you were "Alive"? People get tattoos all the time and it proves little more than the fact that they got a tattoo. I see people with tattoos all the time and I've never looked at it and gone, "Wow, that person was really alive before he killed a part of his flesh and filled it with ink".
Sometimes people prove they were alive by telling a story about their tattoo, but that's more in the story than in the tattoo.
Your motivations are hilarious.

Maybe you should consider carving a statue because when you're finally dead(the time I'm assuming it owuld be important to prove how alive you were) the skin has a habit of decaying.

Old Mar 17th, 2006, 05:07 AM       
I am going to get a fully body suit eventually. I will tkae a picture.

I am not talking about a small tattoo.

I am tlaking about a body in tattoos.

I am talking about something that is demonstrative of a commitment to a higher ideal.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 05:10 AM       
hahahaha oh shit