Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Novelist1982 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 08:21 PM        Ariona: The Bounty Hunter
"Ariona: The Bounty Hunter" is a five star interactive novel which proves that even with video games and music dominating the market, a great book can stir the imagination.
Ariona is a strong, independent woman who lets nothing stand in her way to avenge the death of her father. When a routine bounty hunt turns into a confrontation with a notorious necromancer, Ariona is forced to overcome a vicious flesh hound, a horde of zombies and even faces from her past.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone who has ever read an interactive book or wanted to experience an interactive choice-based story for the first time. You will not be disappointed.

morarity is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 08:50 PM       
this is a way better read:

http://i-mockery.net/viewtopic.php?t=20883
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:20 PM       
"Morality", "molarity", AND "molality" are words but "morarity" I don't think so

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog

Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 10:48 PM       
Hey morarity,

You have a fair point, but I still recommend reading "Ariona: The Bounty Hunter". Oh, and I agree with Esuohlim, morarity is not a word
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 10:56 PM       
I think his name is supposed to be "Moriarty."

Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 11:10 PM       
Then it is settled. "Moriarty" it is. Now if we could just start a poll to convince him to change his name...
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 11:29 PM       
If I wanted an interactive story with zombies and necromancers, I'd resume playing M:tG, particularly the Ice Age expansion.

And I dunno, but five stars sounds like a lot of stars for something with zombies and necromancers.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 04:10 AM       
more like AREOLA the bounty hunter

Old Apr 24th, 2006, 08:14 AM       
Hey executioneer,

Ariona would kick your glass butthole for saying such a remark, and knowing you, you'd like it
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 08:16 AM       
OH SNAP! He got you man!
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 12:44 PM       
Grr don't mock books I like by making references to nipples or I'll go explody emoticon on u

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 12:52 PM       
Hey author of Arizona your z button is broken and it's leading to some serious confusion.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

Old Apr 24th, 2006, 02:20 PM       
Hey Seth, ass-tronaut, or whatever your homeboys call you at the local pubs, I have no beef with you, or any fish for that matter.

For an interactive choice-based book, "Ariona" is hella-cool. It beats reading oldies like cheezy "Goosebumps", "Chooose Your Own Adventure" and the "Dungeon & Dragons" series, which I own a lot of by the way.

"Ariona" is a fun adventure which has unique characters. Who doesn't like a hot chick who kicks zombie-ass and takes names?

Plus, it has challenging fight scenes with plenty of endings (some of which are awesome like decapitations) allowing the book to have good replay (re-read) value.

And I even added a girl-on-girl fight on a bed.

So, if you think Magic: The Gathering is the world, then I think you should at least give new ideas a chance. Almost no NEW interactive books are made, and most websites have more poor stories than great ones.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 07:25 PM       
When I referenced the mass confusion in this thread, some of that included your perception that we're taking you seriously.

See, in all honesty I too authored a book and shamelessly promoted it on these message boards. You can actually research this and discover not a sliver of exaggeration. My redemption comes from the fact that, even with an unremarkable post count and relative anonymity, I still had half a decade of web presence in this community before I milked these suckers.

Not having beef with people is normal enough, but throwing in fish just kind of insinuates that you're talking about genitals.

The best thing about Choose Your Own Adventure books was that in elementary school, I'd read one with a deliberately short lifespan so that I'd quickly be done reading a book with more pages than I really wanted to deal with. Aside from that, I think if there were anything to be said for interactive books then Victor Hugo would let you choose the destiny of Jean Valjean or Tolstoy the outcome of the Crimean War. Maybe constructs like "character development" or "plot" or "theme" are just tools of the literary bourgeoisie to maintain alienation of the literary proletariat, but I think I'll side with the Old Regime because they're just cute.

For the rough effect you're soliciting, I think I'd achieve it with much better results by having someone code a random page generator sourced with Thundercats fanfic.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 09:49 PM       
excellent.

Old Apr 24th, 2006, 10:36 PM       
Hey Seth,

I am aware that you also wrote a book, and I can see that you self-published it. I almost self-published "Ariona", but why pay for a book to be published, if a company will front the expenses? I do see that your book is cheaper than mine, and that your royalties are higher (as expected since you financed it).

Oh, and just to show that I have no hard feelings about our conversations, let me point out a typo. On amazon.com, where your book is posted, under the title 'Editorial Review' and under 'About the Author', in the last few words you said:

(in the ground-breaking theor of Coeternalism. )

I think you mean 'theory'.

Maybe your Y button is broken? Here's a link to fix it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158...lance&n=283155

I know I used to read "Choose Your Own Adventure" books for the public library reading program because they went by the number of books read instead of page count. It still got me to read, and to this day, I am glad I read them back then.

I'll give you props for being on this site six or so years before pimping out your novel, but I may be more of a ghost on this site. One thing about self-publishing or getting published by a low-end publisher is that they really leave the advertising up to the author (which you already know). So, my visit here may be short, depending on my interests here.

I do know that the interest level for interactive books is low, which is why I already wrote a young adult children's novel to steer my writing career in a new direction. I am in the process of getting an agent to sign on, and hopefully enter the big leagues as far as the publishing company goes.
Level 29 ♂
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 11:10 PM       
I like this thread.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 12:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelist1982
Hey executioneer,

Ariona would kick your glass butthole for saying such a remark, and knowing you, you'd like it
oh that makes me so ANGRY!

Old Apr 26th, 2006, 11:06 AM        Who actually read "Choose Your Own Adventure" typ
"Ariona: The Bounty Hunter" was written in 2005. It is a fantasy/horror interactive choice-based story.

Most interactive books were written in the 80's and the early 90's. So, I am curious as to how many of the people viewing this thread ever read an interactive book, what kind it was, and why they liked or disliked it.
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 11:10 AM       
Is it like those books with the little sound buttons on the side and every time you come across a picture in the story you press the button with the picture on it and the cow moos or something hahahahaha those are my favorite

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 04:04 PM       
Apparently it's selling well, they have but one copy left in stock.

Old Apr 26th, 2006, 08:47 PM       
Haha Esuohlim,

Those children's sound books were pretty cool, but only the Batman and TMNT ones. The rest were useless. Anyways, I wouldn't consider those choice-based, becuase there are no real choices. Although, the reader does get to press those sound buttons out of order and make repeated BOING! sounds (really, and they say its for kids).

When I say choice-based interactive books I mean the "Choose Your Own Adventure", "Which Way Books", "Endless Quest", "Time Machine", "Goosebumps", etc.

In these books, the reader gets to make choices, and if they make a wrong choice, they could be shot (or in the case of "Ariona", they could be decapitated). Most of them have alternative endings, some where the main character wins a million dollars, others where they merely survive the chaos.

But I bet you already know this

And Fathom Zero,

"Ariona" is selling well. In fact, the sales are expected to double over the next couple of months.
Level 29 ♂
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 08:50 PM       
Who's giving you these estimates?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 09:09 PM       
A combination of Fortune Cookies, Crystal Balls (HA!), and that old gypsy woman with the wort on her nose that lives next-door.

Old Apr 26th, 2006, 09:15 PM       
I trust the stale fortune cookies more than the gypsy woman (I hear she gets around) and touches the crystal balls even when there are no customers in the tent.