Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 08:48 PM        The War on Kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Just watched The War on Kids. I is sad.

Warning, their gay ass thinks your browser window is NOT the correct size.

http://www.thewaronkids.com/
I grew up in an inner-city school and nothing was like that for me. Maybe I'm just different maybe it's just because I'm white. Maybe my school was too poor to hire more security officers. But it's getting worse. The kids are getting worse. There were so many fights by the end of my Senior year, it was unbelievable. And you're told not to fight back or else you'll be suspended. I'd rather be suspended than have a brother or some honkey bitch take my teeth. I got suspended for waving my diploma, (we get it before school's out.) I had to take my final tests after school let out for the Summer. And believe me, I fought the thing. I went to the super-intendant of the public schools. I had video and photo evidence.

It never bothered me because I didn't let it and I refuse to believe that I am somehow special. Maybe I have a superiority complex. So what? Administrators want less responsibility. That's how it always is. People want to streamline their lives and make them as easy as possible, and if that means finding someone else to blame, they'll do it. It was my Principal's last year there, too, before he retired. He checked out wayyyyy before graduation. Fuck him.

Is it a new phenomenon? Of course. It started just a couple years ago, while I was already in High School. And I'm probably not the best judge for whom is getting suspended in elementary schools today, but damn. I'm thinking about homeschooling my kid(s), if I ever have one.

But I also blame the kids. Each generation is dumber and more ignorant. Parents are teaching less and less to their kids. I don't know whose fault that is, though.

tl;dr
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 08:56 PM       
IDK, what can you do about it? It's like one guy said at the end of the film, we adopted a set of rules for teaching kids in school and believe it is the best possible way in the whole world to teach kids.

How would someone even begin to fix the system with all that's in the way now. Home schooling is great, but your kids will then lack in social skills and street survival lessons.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 09:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
But I also blame the kids. Each generation is dumber and more ignorant. Parents are teaching less and less to their kids. I don't know whose fault that is, though.

tl;dr
It seems like it's about the same as it has always been. There are just different fads.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 09:11 PM       
I wouldn't call drive by shootings a fad.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Dec 17th, 2009, 09:15 PM       

There have been drive by shootings for over 70 years.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 09:16 PM       
Quote:
IDK, what can you do about it? It's like one guy said at the end of the film, we adopted a set of rules for teaching kids in school and believe it is the best possible way in the whole world to teach kids.
Well, now that gets into my thought that no one can change anything no matter what, humanity's gonna be their own end, :philosophicalmasturbation, et cetera. Smart people are always gonna be outnumbered. I don't know what I can do about it. I don't know how to change things. But I know it's wrong. :howardbeale But I know things have to change, or else America's just gonna continue to spiral into fucking oblivion.

Part of me says "fuck it" and leave every person to be out for themselves. But this disgustingly human-sympathizer part of me is just so fucking angry and sad about all of the wrong things in the world.

Quote:
Home schooling is great, but your kids will then lack in social skills and street survival lessons. :(
I don't believe that. Not for a minute. I was a goddamn recluse until my Junior year in high school. I had one friend. A parent can make his or her kid go outside or take them to the playground and tell them to leave the house and not come back for a few hours. Not all homeschoolers and unschoolers are coddling bitches. I know a few kids that were homeschooled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader
It seems like it's about the same as it has always been. There are just different fads.
I haven't lived for an entire century, so I don't know how all the trends have been treated. I don't have a frame of reference and know that only the people that make the media can tell the story. But I gotta believe it, man. I just gotta. I don't want to think about the world just cycling through its incompetence.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 09:23 PM       
Wait till you think about the war on adults.

It's all for a reason, sit down, do your work, and shut the fuck up.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Dec 17th, 2009, 09:25 PM       
It's the man, man.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 10:27 PM       

It's a war on everybody man, this sick soh-sy-oh-tee.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 12:03 AM       
man i hope we win the war on kids, that'd be embarassing to lose a war to kids
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 02:47 AM       
lol

i kind of liked being suspended other than my parents usually being jerks ;/
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 06:10 AM       
By home schooling, do you mean hiring a private teacher, or is a parent supposed to do the teaching?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 06:11 AM       
Either or.
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 01:59 PM       
One Word : Eugenics. Kahn shall be in charge.
Escape will make me god.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 07:34 PM       
Theres some school in the midwest that copied their format from the most successful education programns around the world. People like move all over the country to get their kid in and like all the kids have tons of ap classes in the beginning of hs and they all seem very motivated. i can't fucking remember any specfics about the name or place of the school
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 01:25 AM       
all i know is the American education system is shit.
Escape will make me god.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 04:06 AM       
I was fortunate to be given the opportunity to go to one of the best college preparatory schools in the northeast.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 04:08 AM       
Newark?
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 04:11 AM       
Pawling
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 04:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Is it a new phenomenon? Of course. It started just a couple years ago, while I was already in High School. And I'm probably not the best judge for whom is getting suspended in elementary schools today, but damn. I'm thinking about homeschooling my kid(s), if I ever have one.

lol, it's not a new phenomenon.

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 12:09 AM       
I feel like I just read a transcript from Scrubs.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 12:24 AM       
who would listen to that fucker anyway his hat is basically a line
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 05:53 AM       
So I hear Pepsi are sponsoring schools now.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 11:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
So I hear Pepsi are sponsoring schools now.
Pepsi has been giving things to schools for years now.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 02:05 PM       
like diabetes