Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:54 PM       
Actually, a lot of players who are really into the genre like SNK games. Some people even prefer them over the Street Fighter series. Mortal Kombat usually gets panned for its gameplay, but since it became a part of our culture back in the 90's, there's a brand recognition that usually causes people who aren't hardcore fighing game fans to gravitate towards MK as opposed to SF.

It's the same effect between SF and KoF. But a lot of fighting fanatics prefer KoF's gameplay, even though SF is more iconic. I think that the more you like the fighting genre, the more inclined you are to jump from MK to SF, and from SF to KoF. That's how I picture the spectrum, at least.

People like KoF a lot, so I woudn't write it off so quickly. The gameplay's a lot like Street Fighter, but with less fireball spamming and a nice boost in speed (not too fast, but fast enough).

Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:50 PM       
My all time favorite fighting game is Samurai Shodown IV.

Just sayin'.

BTW I got SFIV last week. Its awesome, excellent, a half-price whorehouse, etc. Still having trouble unlocking Akuma though.

Seth is a cheating cheap bastard.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:56 PM       
I got everyone but Seth really easily. Just set the rounds to 1.

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 07:00 PM       
I have it set on very easy and one round. How exactly do you unlock Akuma and Gouken? Some places I read you only need one perfect and use no continues, while another site would say I need two perfects and two ultra combo endings, mentioning nothing about the continues.

This wouldn't be a problem if Seth wasn't such a fucking bastard though.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 08:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Cod View Post
I have it set on very easy and one round. How exactly do you unlock Akuma and Gouken? Some places I read you only need one perfect and use no continues, while another site would say I need two perfects and two ultra combo endings, mentioning nothing about the continues.

This wouldn't be a problem if Seth wasn't such a fucking bastard though.
Here ya go buddy!
has a woody
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 08:14 PM       
I unlocked Seth, but he's not as broken as I was hoping

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 02:47 AM       
I read they kind of inverted Seth for the Versus- and Onlinemode. Takes the most damage, deals the least.
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 07:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
Thanks, I managed to unlock Akuma on my own. I did get to fight against Gouken, but I didn't know I had to finish arcade mode with Akuma, so I didn't unlock him
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 09:08 AM       
Pretty shitty that the top ten players all play as Seth. Lame.

Also lame that I can have a really good game with someone, they Akuma and I Dan, we both win one round, and then the final round they just shoot fireballs at me and don't even attempt to fight. Nice. I guess I suck enough to not be able to break that type of spamming, but I think it's also quite poor sportsmanship.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 11:49 PM       
SORRY FOR BUMPING THIS OLD THREAD; figure i'll get less shit for this compared to making a new thread about it

i've been playing this game nonstop lately, and me and a friend are looking for some online friends to challenge. the psn names we use are davesoultra and bigtimecow

challenge us bitches!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 01:03 AM       
The last time I played this was when I ROCKED SOMEONE in the lobby at video games live. Fucking guy got beaten so badly that he probably couldn't enjoy the show

That was very funny. Well done.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 10:21 AM       
I played it at my friends, jokingly unlocking Sakura and Dan for him. he was like "Yes, Cory! That's who I've been wanting to unlock this whole time I bought this game. Fucking DAN."

And Seth is a bitch. Not as bad as Gill was, but close enough for a clam bake.

j/k fuck them
has a woody
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 11:10 AM       
Dan is surprisingly...playable. He doesn't suck nearly as hard as he did in every other fighter. Sakura's actually really awesome; It's way too easy to string her attacks together, and her EX dragon punch move hits for something like 10 hits, I think.

If you want to cheat on the Seth fight, set the arcade settings to "1 Round" on the easiest difficulty. Then you never have to face his second form (with overpowered moves and an AI that reads your button presses).

It's shameful, but let's face it, you just want the damn characters ASAP.

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 11:48 PM       
i love using sakura, but its a shame that her moves are so goddamn weak. even her ultra combo hits for an awfully small amount. but yes, chaining her down back kick (EX'd) with her shoryuken-whatever is fantastically satisfying

i've been using abel otherwise and his moves are just as easily strung together as sakura's
has a woody
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 12:54 AM       
What you do is land the EX spin kick, then when they're in the air, use her leap attack thing (same input as a shoryuken, but with a heavy kick instead of a punch) then hammer the punch button when you catch up to them. Spikes them right back down.

When you string it together, it'll send them from one end of the stage to the other. It's so satisfying, and a great way to show off B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNWMTXQZr98
At the end of the combo at 2:43, you can see it, though Dan's crammed against a wall, so you don't really see how far it sends him. A lot easier to pull off than you'd think (EX Spin kick lasts long enough for you to get ready for the next move.)

Banned
lovely09 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 08:29 PM       
Always A surprise with the new edition of games.This is fantastic and i will love to play the game.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 11:10 PM       
lovely09 remind me to kill you for being a spambot later ok
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 09:43 AM       
That is one active spambot.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 09:53 AM       
it's a fun new variant! it posts almost-relevant gibberish in a bunch of threads, then about a month later turns its sig into a bunch of spam links when nobody's looking.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 04:19 PM       
I just had to sell Street Fighter IV yesterday because my friend came and took his 360. I just unlocked Akuma too, being a bitch to beat seth with shitty ass el fuerte. Whatever though, I'm looking to buy Marvel vs. Capcom 2, never fails to amaze me.
rockfuckcunt
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 11:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BABALITY PANCAKES View Post
shitty ass el fuerte
whoa whoa whoa
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 12:40 AM       
hahaha
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 04:05 AM       

Seeing this cut scene about 20 times on just one guy had it's moments of gratification.
Forum Virgin
Glass Onion is probably a spambot
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 01:09 AM       
The easiest way to beat arcade mode is to use Zangief. The AI doesn't know how to react to his lariat. Seth will get caught in a loop and teleport into it as long as you throw it out.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 07:14 AM       
Aah thanks man now i can beat arcade mode.