Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 01:47 PM        9-11 Trials
Obama wants to try the suspects in N.Y.

That's a dumb idea. Let's through gas of the fire.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 01:49 PM       
They will die. It's practically factual.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 01:56 PM       
They should get their day in court just like every one else in this country. Yes yes I know... They arent actually US citizens but we shouldnt have two definitions of justice. Justice for us is the same justice we should hand out. We are supposed to be better than that. Besides, like Fathom said, its practically factual what will happen to them anyway.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 02:09 PM       
I'm just thinking about the shit storm of accusations that are going to fly around over this. Aren't we trying to repair our status as a world leader? Holding the trials in D.C. would make more sense.
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 02:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I'm just thinking about the shit storm of accusations that are going to fly around over this. Aren't we trying to repair our status as a world leader? Holding the trials in D.C. would make more sense.
Yes. Yes it would. Not to mention in a lot of high profile murder trials they move it to another area on the grounds of the jury pool being bias. Not that I think they could find a jury in the US that wouldnt be bias but moving it out of NY is probably what should be done.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 05:30 PM       
The crime was committed in united states jurisdiction. I would assume this would go to federal court, which has no juries.

I guess you can request a jury? Anyway usually in federal courts they are tried by a panel of judges.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 05:54 PM       
If a N.Y. judge wants to keep his job, there can only be one outcome.
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 06:54 PM       
Juries... judges... You know what Im talking about.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 09:15 AM       
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...dministration/

911 was an inside job. Evidence was obtained through torture. And all that.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 09:40 AM       
Mukasey threatens...oops I mean warns of 'very high' risk of attack over NYC 9/11 trial

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshge...911_trial.html
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 01:09 PM       
Geggy, still on that shit?

Will you be protesting at the trial, defending a man accused of a crime you have irrefutable proof he didn't commit?

Wait, what's that? The 9/11 conspiracy bullshit is just a cry for help by a bunch of sad, lonely, and hopeless people?

Ya, figured that much already. And you even used FOX News as a source, you fucking hypocrite.

That stupidity out of the way:

NYC was the one of the jurisdictions of the crimes on 9/11. We also have the best facilities and have aptly handled trials like this in the past. Like the first WTC bombing trial and the Bernie Madoff trial.

And can someone tell me a place that won't have a supposedly tainted jury pool?

Last edited by El Blanco : Nov 15th, 2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: just noticed the source.
Mocker
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 01:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Yes. Yes it would. Not to mention in a lot of high profile murder trials they move it to another area on the grounds of the jury pool being bias. Not that I think they could find a jury in the US that wouldnt be bias but moving it out of NY is probably what should be done.
Why is moving it to another city that was attacked that day a good idea? Why does the opinions of other countries matter here? It was an attack on our soil and they will be processed like every other criminal. They are being treated as they should.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 01:11 PM       
We can at least pretend.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 01:18 PM       
we should try them in DC because they haven't heard about 9/11 yet
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 01:23 PM       
Well, did they attack N.Y. or America?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 01:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
Why does the opinions of other countries matter here?
I'd like to go to other countries and play without getting treated like shit and ripped of.
Mocker
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 08:41 PM       
You going into tourist traps and the locals giving you shitty treatment has nothing to do with this trial. I have no idea why you think moving this trial to Washington would make them stop being douche bags.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 02:30 PM       
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 05:49 PM       
Personally I think the entire idea of this trial is retarded. How can you charge somebody for a war crime (if it can even be called that) in a civil court? I guess that's one thing that foreigners might get pissed about.

All they have to do is argue that it was committed in an act of war and the entire case becomes stupid.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 06:19 PM       
Does it count as an act of war if they aren't representing a specific nation?

BANNED

Old Nov 16th, 2009, 06:26 PM       
Maybe.
But, then, they could just say that they are representing the interests of a country which has been taken over by us. In effect, they could say they are a "Resistance" to our colonial rule or some shit.

I think it would be more troublesome to not consider this a possible warcrime
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 06:48 PM       
I think the guys set for trial right now are gonna be accused of the 9-11 plot, so that would be before we took Afghanistan.
BANNED

Old Nov 16th, 2009, 06:53 PM       
I'm aware of that, but why did terrorists attack us? it wasn't because they thought their countries were completely free of western involvement.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM       
The real reason? We'll never get to know that. I'm sure Captain America will show up soon with the proper flag waving answer though.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 07:16 PM       
They attacked the WTC because they thought it was full of Jewish people.