Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 01:01 PM       
well it was one of those "donate your books then sell them and give the money to charity" things so i don't even feel that it was a cost at all
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 01:03 PM       
How much would a used dvd of Dune run? Three pennies?
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 09:30 AM       
essential man-thing vol. 2

i finished vol 1 in like a weekend, but i've been slacking with vol 2. i fucking love this
pickled
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 11:50 AM       
How does Man-Thing compare to Swamp-Thing?
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 01:50 PM       
i haven't read swamp thing yet either, but i do have the first swamp thing (alan moore)

it seems like swamp thing has a more cohesive story. man-thing has a few arcs, but most issues are contained stories that might involve some familiar characters but don't really connect
pickled
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 05:36 PM       
People seem to love Alan Moore's ruin on Swamp Thing, but I've never seen more than that old movie. What are the differences between Man-Thing and Swamp-Thing besides companies and rthat whole "hands brning evil" thing?
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 03:14 PM       
I'm gonna start reading Discworld, because even though I hate fantasy.
Wish me luck, guise
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 03:58 PM       
That's not a reason to start reading Discworld. And although I love the games, I could only get through about 3 books of Discworld. It was kind of awful compared to a lot of the stuff I read. I know there's a point in the books where you can skip to and it'll be good, but I couldn't read until I got to that point.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 05:12 PM       
There's something about Discworld that causes sudden ADD onset and prevents me from paying attention while reading. I keep trying though! I got through Mort without any problems, start with that one.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 09:50 AM       
Christ. I can't understand why someone hasn't already read all the Discworld books before the age of 15.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 11:57 AM       
Because when I was 15, I was too busy smoking a ton of pot, going to shows, and trying to get girls to have sex with me. I had no time for any books other than what they made me read in school.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 10:38 PM       
Well some of us didn't have to try to get girls to have sex with us, because by reading Discworld novels they just flocked into our pants.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 10:50 PM       
I never heard of Discworld until only a couple years ago. My ~15-year-old obsession was the Hitchhiker's Guide

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 10:59 PM       
The discworld video games were what my 13 year old self played with my roommate. If we were stuck on a certain part for more than a week, we'd bicycle a mile to blockbuster and read the hint book for it. Then we'd bike back, solve the puzzle, then get stuck again for a week. It was an awesome point and click game, but a lot of the puzzles were tough because the world was too big and nothing guided you.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 01:39 AM       
Trainspotting.

It's sort of weird how you start to assimilate the phonetic scottish after a dozen pages or so.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 10:35 AM       
The Complete Far Side.

With Borders going out of business this was finally a good time to get it.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 06:59 PM       
I read A Dance with Dragons, I wonder if Martin is gonna be able to finish this series before he keels over. This book cost him six years and his already in his sixties. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Dune.

I've actually been looking for another good Fantasy series, with no luck so far. I tried Thomas Convent's Unbelievable Adventure or whatever that series by Steven Donaldson is called. I've heard people rant and rave about it but I just think it's boring.
pickled
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 08:22 PM       
HACK/SLASH
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 10:22 PM       
reading breakfast of champions by vonneguht

kind of reminds me of slapstick and i didnt really like slapstick ;/

its like he's trying really hard to not try hard
Forum Virgin
KandiJewl sucks
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 10:06 PM       
Im reading your post rite now ;D
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 03:07 AM       
r u a girl
The Glum Cunt
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 06:50 AM       
Kandi sounds pretty close to womti. My alarm is going off.

God damnit, this is like one of those horror movies when the cat keeps jumping out or it's just the wind.
Or maybe it's like 'The Thing'
BANNED

Old Sep 10th, 2011, 07:02 PM       
i hope its a hot girl