Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 08:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
I bet it smells like a bible story too.
Actually, it smells like paint.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 08:17 PM       
it sort of looks like a dog's chew toy.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 10:06 PM       
..that you might buy when visiting Provincetown, or South Beach.
You may already be there.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post

This is my attempt.
Spray paint?
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 06:56 PM       

This murders my brain every time I look at it.

Keep the colors coming. The pickle rainbow must be completed!
Evil Penguin Queen
Bucket is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 07:44 PM       
When I saw this I thought of Alton Brown's "Feasting on Asphalt: The River Run." He stopped by a place in the South that sold these kool-aid pickles and bought some, and put a recipe in the companion book (I have it and I could transcribe it if you'd like me to.)
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 07:48 PM       
What flavor did Alton use in the book?
Buttmunch
Tacobot is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 02:12 AM       
These pickles are so cool! they make me want to do some pickle experiments maybe mix it all together for some evil black pickles. thanks for sharing them.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 04:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Spray paint?
he is a graffiti enthusiast, after all
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 12:02 PM       
Kitsa, have you shaped one into a figure and then soaked it yet?
Baron Von Snugglemittens
blood_panther is probably a spambot
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 04:02 AM       
i wonder if a person could just use food coloring. you could add a bunch more and it shouldnt affect the taste.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 04:19 AM       
where's the fun in that

also someone suggested that already
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 03:18 PM       
Actually...

Food coloring can definitely change the flavor of food. Red, purple and black all seem to have a mildly bitter aftertaste. Also, I use a lot of natural food colorings in my work and, since they're derived from turmeric and things like that, they often retain some of the flavor. I assure you it's quite weird to taste a cake with turmeric-laced icing.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 04:19 PM       
Someone should have used that magic koolaid. that is red and tastes like blue.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Evil Penguin Queen
Bucket is probably a spambot
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 08:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
What flavor did Alton use in the book?
He used cherry.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 02:49 PM       
It's been almost 2 and a half months, so I decided to make my final evaluation.

The brine looks redder in this picture than it really is, mainly because of the concentration of red pickles inside. When I poured out the brine, there was barely any red in it. It was just the straw-colored urine-y shade of normal pickle brine. I took this to mean that all of the red that could be absorbed...done been absorbed.

Most of the pickles were nice, deep, vivid red. A few had developed a disconcerting waxy residue, and I'm not entirely sure what that was. I didn't touch them. They were all the way at the bottom of the jar and there were plenty of normal red pickles on the top to be had.

As you can see here, the redness has soaked just about all of the way through. There were a few lighter, yellowish patches in some of the bigger pickles, but the majority of them were completely saturated. I cut some slices to make sure, and yep, saturated through the full thickness of the pickle.

I tentatively did a taste test, and I was surprised to find that the flavor had entirely morphed to sour cherry. There was no pickle flavor left, it was just sour cherry. Sort of like a red lifesaver with a sour edge to it. Very good, actually.

So there you have it...the final observations of the pickle experiment.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 PM       
yum
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 01:58 PM       
Those look... actually not bad.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 03:07 PM       
SO THATS WHERE ALL OF PRAM MAVENS PICKLES WENt
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 03:14 PM       
He was stashed in my fridge the whole time, animating my mayonnaise.
OH GOD
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 03:29 PM       
sour cherry pickle and mayo sandwich time, then?
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 03:34 PM       
well, sure, if you WANT HIM INSIDE YOU.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 07:50 PM       
I want to make these now.

So Kitsa, there is no hope for other flavors? Only Red?

Did you happen to hang on to any of the other colors to see if they would push out the pickle taste and retain only koolaid flavor?

Also, these were just dill pickles? No sugar was used, only the flavor packet?

I AM INTEREST.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 08:37 PM       
Dear Interest,

Having experimented with cherry, berry blue and grape, I can say that cherry is the only flavor that didn't ultimately resemble vomit. My food-artist intuition says that this is because the cherry flavor is a warm, sweet flavor that plays well with others, and the other two aren't. If peach or apricot were kool-aid flavors, they might work. I think lemonade and lemon-lime would be too sour.

I ended the grape and berry blue experiments early because they became totally saturated quickly and the flavor and scent were repulsive. They seemed to soak up the color and flavor more quickly than the cherry did.

I would do either cherry or black cherry for best results. This was a jar of gherkin sweet pickles, the kind that have "no sugar added" and use Splenda. This was to discourage any additional bacterial growth, since we're talking an opened jar in the back of the fridge for a couple of months. There was nothing added but the kool-aid packet. I dumped the brine into a measuring cup, added the kool-aid powder, swished it around, and dumped it back in the jar. That's it.

Best of luck.