Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 03:52 PM        Weekly Movie Review: Spider-Man 3
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: Spider-Man 3.
Enginseer
Mac Brookman is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 04:05 PM       
I think I'll wait until this movie can be found in a bargain bin. What kind of annoying character did Bruce Campbell play this time round?
Suicidal Chipmunk
JJ the Jetplane is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 04:24 PM       
I actually didn't hate most of this movie. Even though the dancing scene almost made me murder the person sitting nearest to me, i still enjoyed at least 8/10 of the movie altogether. Then again, I pretty much force myself to love any movie based on a comic book. Except the Hulk movie... I despise the hulk movie with the very essence of my being.
Shining Beacon of Virtue
Coryjonc is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 04:46 PM       
I actually enjoyed this movie...
That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 04:58 PM       
They should have had sandman and hydroman, then the third villain could be that mud monster they formed... I never actually saw this movie, when I saw they took away venom's humoungos (spelling lol) muscles and green spit It took away all my desire to see it (run-on sentence lol).
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 05:27 PM       
I didn't hate this as much as you did, Proto, but I sure wasn't wild about it. I think you're right that the biggest problem comes from over crowding. Although there have been several comic movies I've liked a lot, I've yet to see one I didn't think suffered from over crowding. You only get about two hours. Tell one story and tell it well.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 06:27 PM       
Batman Returns was the only Superhero movie with multiple villians that didnt suck.
Forum Virgin
whoareyou is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 07:02 PM       
batman begins kinda had multiple villians, but yeah spiderman 3 was just silly. The others were fantastic 2 really got my hopes up and this one shot them down. It was extra cheesey and just plain silly, in ways that didn't fit the series. oh well maybe 4 will be better, every one stumbles here and there.
Last of the Time Lords
Doctor_Who is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 07:24 PM       
I'd give it two stars myself, and one of those is for getting to see Bruce Campbell as a Maître d'.
Built in the 80s
GRUMPYNZ is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 07:54 PM       
I hate, hate, hated this movie with a passion. Spider-Man 3 was such a huge, crushing disappointment. Spider-Man 2 is without a doubt (in my mind) the greatest comic book movie ever.
Fanboy
Purple Man is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 08:11 PM       
Two horrible words : EMO PETER!

At least we got to see a bit of Gwen Stacy, at last. That was something, right?
Space Cowboy
Ozzie is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 08:58 PM       
Yeah, I was waiting the whole time to see Gwendy, and then she's nothing more than a way to make Mary Jane jealous.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 09:05 PM       
Raimi couldn't help it. Evil Dead was calling out to him.
Forum Virgin
jcrews21 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 09:05 PM       
I could have sworn I read somewhere that Raimi was forced to add Venom to the movie, but I don't recall where.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 09:44 PM       
If they had removed Sandman from the movie, it would have been better served.
Molly is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 09:44 PM       
I liked it. Always something going on..because there are a million characters but still. Could have been better, could have been worse. But it didn't bore me.

The "emo" thing is annoying. I guess because his hair is black he MUST be emo. He was like..a womanizing asshole. Not exactly emo.

And, yes, he cried. His wife-to-be broke up with him. The entire world must be made out of stone hearted bad asses who would clearly not flinch if such a thing were to happen to them.
Forum Chaos Lord
Jaimas is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 10:45 PM       
Fuck, Mary Jane was awful. By this movie, she already knows Peter's Spider-Man. She has absolutely no fucking reason to treat him like a total fuckface. She's as guilty in this shitfest of a movie as Peter Parker is.

I believe that the spirit of Joe Quesada infected this movie.
lurking on the walls
saturnknight is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 10:54 PM       
downloaded the movie, hated it. Bought the novel, it was much better. The multi character development is more possible confined in the 2-300 page novel based on the movie. and getting a grasp on what the chatacters are thinking makes it more understandable
James Brown in hiding
D-MoN is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 04:14 AM       
This movie had all the potential to be great and then they had to stuff every possible thing into it and still used Kristin Dunst, the ugliest chick possible they could have picked to play Mary Jane. It was ass. Total ass. What a fucking disapointment.
James Brown in hiding
D-MoN is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 04:20 AM       
And the real kicker is I liked the Sandman cheracter. Apart from the utterly rediculous connection to Peter Parker I thought the guy playing him was cool and I wanted to see an entire movie with just him and Spider Man duking it out. Maybe introduce the black costume and at the end give us a glimpse of the dark side of it's powers. That would have been a good movie but they were so concerened with ramming as much possible crap in there as possible that the potential for a great cheracter and a neat rivalry was totally pissed on so we could get Venom.. yes Venom. Venom was pretty cool but I gotta back Prot here. The whole fucking thing was so forced and so played that instead of seeing something like the first two movies which were totally unbelievable yet at the same time played out in a natural way we got to basically watch a video game on screen, ascending level by level with no cheracter development.

And the Emo shit.. for fucks sakes... can't these Goddamned Emo kids just show the backbone they do on their blogs and fucking kill themselves so we don't have to be subjected to the even smaller, whinier (if that's possible) offshoot of Goths.
Ghoul
argonath is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 08:37 AM       
After a good first movie and a great sequel, I knew the fuck up would be coming. When I heard Sandman was in it, I thought "Cool. Seems like a strange choice to base the whole movie on, but...cool." Then I heard Venom was in it, and that's when my bullshit meter went fully into the red. When the New Goblin was announced as well, the movie went completely off my radar. I eventually caught a matinee at the second-run theater ($2 Tuesdays, woohoo!), and I'm glad I waited. Too crowded by characters and too much pop culture got in the way of the story.

And when the fuck is the Lizard going to get some screentime? Jesus, they've been setting that character up for 3 movies now.
Forum Virgin
mr_evilmonkey is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 08:47 AM       
Why was Kiersten Dunst cast as Mary Jane in the first place? She is about as attractive as an old shoe at the side of the road. the comic book MJ is supposed be a frigging lingerie model.
Forum Virgin
Grishnak is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 09:15 AM       
The whole problem is, I think, that the producers forced Raimi in a direction he did not want to take... The original script did not include Venom (aaargh, McFarlane!) and was supposed to have the Vulture as the OTHER villain. So all the symbiote costume storyline was somehow forced in there... And the Vulture was supposed to be performed by none other than Ben Kingsley... Now, Ghandi as the Vulture? I would have paid a pretty penny to see that!
なにをみてんだよ
BakaGaijin is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 10:26 AM       
I really think they should've stuck with 2 villains for part 3 and then did Fantastic Four/Spiderman crossover films for the Venom story. Maybe a 3rd FF film that has a plot not centralized around the suit, but something with space and aliens and the symbiote. It ends with Peter meeting the FF, getting the black suit, and then the 4th Spidey movie would be about Peter shedding the suit and it ultimately becoming Venom.
Radio Ninja
Herratik is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 11:03 AM       
Proto, I'm with you. One of the best scenes IMO was when peter "accidentally" backhands MJ at the jazz club. That says a lot about this movie. I think Raimi was a victim of the dreaded "studio interference" (although why he couldn't call the shots on this one, after two huge successes is still a mystery) I was most disappointed for the same reason I hated X3, they took a great 3-part story arc and completely ignored it to shoehorn in more characters. Venom should have been hinted at in the last 10-15 minutes and then.... Spidey 4: Enter the Lizard, S5: Venom. Now, if I ever get to see Deadpool killing sybiotic dinosaurs in Manhattan, while Spidey and the FF help out? I might forgive Marvel and Raimi for S3.