Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JPR is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 02:13 PM        One Eyebrow. Oh no.
Hello, my name is Jack and up until recently I had one eyebrow.

I figure a lot of people here would have the same problem, and think that a quick explanation of what I did would help.

So biscuitly, a few months ago I had some tickly nose hair, and thought it was due to nasal hair. I went stole my mums tweezers (and since bought my own) to deal with it, and while I was looking in the mirror, decided that if I don't deal with my single eyebrow now I would be a lazy bum forever and end up living under a bridge.

I thought about it for a while first, like how it is a vain action, and how often I would need to groom (which if your wondering isn't very often, I may make a chart, like a did with my shit routine). Well I have decided to take more pride in my appearence and health lately, and all I can say is that a little vanity goes a long way to making you feel better about yourself.

The next factor was having to deal with people asking me about it. I took the pluck during a time when I had like 11 weeks off college, so I wasn't going to face 'all that sort of social crap' it isn't not like that sort of thing actually happens anyway, but I'm scared it might.

My parents never noticed, and haven't said anything, but I don't really talk to them- we have a very cold relationship so I wasn't particularly bothered about what they'd say.

I went out with a few friends (who are men) and they said nothing, and I asked them if they noticed a few days later and, they didn't.

I've asked a few people if they noticed and nobody said they did, and I have only had one person (a good female friend) tell me "you have no hair between your eyebrows!" about 3 months after I did it.

I hoped that nobody would notice, as I didn't want to be explain it to everyone, and how it played out was ideal.

I do prefer having two eyebrows, I feel a lot less self conscious about hiding my forehead and am living a much happier and fuller life. Lovely.