Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 10:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Say Vince, ever seen "Bowling for Cloumbine"?
Nope, but I have seen "Bowling For Columbine".
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 11:03 AM        Race
Quote:
Please explain to me how gun control and private schools are even alike in the public debate?

Possesion of weapons is given to us in the 2nd Amendment. Private schools are there for EVERYONE, as long as you can afford to pay. There are BLACK schools, Vibe.
Gun control IN THE PAST had some basis in race.
Private schools IN THE PAST had some basis in race.

Now you bring up the second ammendment. The last two times that gun control was brought up your first line of defense was Black Man With a Gun. All I am saying is that using racism as your main quailfier for why you don't like something makes you look hypocritical when the same argument can be used for something you support. And don't try to tell me that you were differentiating between legal and social. You were talking about racism plain and simple. And just in case you still want too, might I remind you that it was social racism that caused racist laws to pass in the first place.
The second ammendment issue I can't disagree with. But then, that was not what you brought up first.

Black schools.....um......duh. I was hoping you'd go there. I just want to thank you for mentioning that private schools are racist NOW as well as IN THE PAST. You saved me the trouble.

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 11:38 AM       
Racism isn't my main argument about gun control. It's unconstitutional. That is my main argument. I use the race argument because liberals love to throw it around. And since liberals "care" about minorities so much (especially during voting times), I want to see how they react to it.

But the school comparision doesnt make sense. If a school wants to be known as a black school, let it. I wouldn't go to Bob Jones University because they are a bunch of fundie Bible thumping sheep fuckers and they wouldn't go to Notre Dame because their ignorance of the Bible and common teachings would be shattered, plus we have a rule about not screwing our own kin.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 11:42 AM       
YOWTCH! Ya got me there, pard! If there's two things I am it's a Jew and a shitty speller.

Seriously, you actually saw it? You plunked down your hard earned post tax dollars and sat in a movie theater and saw it? Honestly? I mean only you know if that's true or not, but I have to ask, why?

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 11:52 AM       
My friend had a DVD copy that was a promotional tool.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 11:56 AM        Um-kay
Vince,

Please take this as the honest advice it is meant to be. If what you say is true, and you only throw things around because liberals do, you should stop. It does nothing to support your stance on any issue, and actually makes you look like a back peddling hypocritical ass. Base your arguments on what you actually believe and you will not only be taken more seriously, you will sound more intelligent and the ground you stand on will be more solid.

Most of the time, I can see what you are trying to say, but it does get muddled in what appears to be your desire to immitate the talk radio hosts you admire. Unfortunatley, your presentation comes off more like Rod Farva in Super Troopers.

Take the time to learn to present your case clearly before you try to make jokes on the subject. Especially if you really want to go into talk radio. (That was you right? I ain't goin' searchin' for dat piece of info) Talk radio hosts are masters at making other people look like fools, not themselves. Slow down, especially when you are writing something and think about how it is going to come across to people other than yourself. Can it be misconstrued? Is there another side? Does it make sense? Try to be objective when you are discussing something. Be open to other views. You don't have to agree with them, you just have to accept that they exist. And that they may be just as valid as your view if you actually look at them with something less than a closed mind.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:03 PM       
Oh, boy.

See now, what Vibe just said? That's what I'd be saying if I was much, much, much, much nicer than I am. It was direct, truthful, to the point, kind and what you need to hear. Treat your ambitions with some respect.

Oh, and is your convenient friend with the 'promotional' DVD a convenient Tibetan, a hot li'l Latino, or a submarine throwin' away roomate?

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:25 PM       
Vibe, I already do all of that. It's not that I am lazy on here, it's that I just dont care.

I do love the Farva reference though. I to sometimes perfer a goddamn Litera Cola.

He's actually a one-eyed Social Services worker named Petey, Max. And why the hell are you bringing up Tibetians? What the hell do they have to do with anything?
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:28 PM        Chicken F'ker
Vince,

It's not just here. You come across this way on your own site. Which I am assuming you do care about.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:47 PM       
Actually Vibe, have you taken a look at that piece of shit? It's pretty obvious he DOESN'T care about it.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:52 PM        Farva
I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 01:01 PM       
In Real Life he is brilliant
How do you think he gets all those fine ladies?
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 01:51 PM       
vince, did you see the whole movie or just a promotional clip?

the 'promotional' video i saw was less than ten minutes long..
the movie was over an hour and a half..
i didn't get to see 100% of the movie yet because there was something wrong with the sound system at the theater i went to in chicago. hah, the volume was at like 180% and blowing our eardrums .. i was in the lobby trying to get them to fix it for at least 5 min.. i'm sure it was an innocent mistake, heh.. then again i wonder.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 02:08 PM       
I saw the movie, and it was crud. Poorly researched, he put more of an emphasis on sensationalism and headlining than in-depth disclosure of facts. But thats Moore, he's to Liberals what Boortz, O'Reilly or Limbaugh are to Conservatives.

Leave Hannity alone, he's a cut above those maggots
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 03:04 PM       
See, Vince? THAT's why I started posting stuff from your site. Because your whole argument that you just don't give a crap about your I-mockery posts is garbage.

You don't do one damn thing Vibe was nice enough to detail for you. You work is slipshod and lazy and your articles and rants are only marginally better than the off the top of your head stuff you favor us with.

That's the MAIN reason I take off after you. You have this GIGANTIC ego, you boast about how you can back it up and all you offer is pap, regurgitation, spleen, and crap.

Show some self respect. Do a little work, think before you type, if you're going to call something an 'article' or 'essay' or even 'rant'
for God's sake do more than one draft.

And stop telling yourself you don't care. Horseshit. If you didn't care you wouldn't bother. You came here thinking you could make 'libs' look 'stupid' and that it would be 'fun' to be an asshole. You've certainly garnered lot of attention, but that's what a laughingstock does. This isn't one of your "I-Can-Hardly-write-a-sentence-but-boy-do-I-hate-the-same-
folks-you-hate" sites. Drop your lame former fat boy chip on shoulder chest puffing and try writting sentences that actually express what's in your head. Work at it, at least on your own site... Hard work is good for you.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 03:44 PM        Site
Quote:
This phrase is one of the many titles of the concept many have around the world about being a society that does not need leader, govt or Supreme Being to dictate the course of our actions.
This is the first sentance of the first article on your site.

At first read I honestly couldn't figure out what you were saying. But after reading it two or three times, breaking it down as I went, the meaning became more clear.

What I think you are trying to say is that the phrase All Indians/No Chiefs is a title given to the concept that a society does not need a leader, govt or Supreme Being to dictate the course of it's actions. Many people around the world believe in this concept.

I'm not trying to Burbank you here. I am honestly trying to get you to look at your own work as another person would. You may know what you were trying to say, but will they?

My S/O is laughing at me right now. He has me proofread all his papers for college for just this reason. Though he often jokingly points out that it is unfair that his un-edu-ma-cated girlfriend is proofing his papers for readability.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 04:18 PM       
Hee hee.

'Burbank' him.